Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 250 G6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, All .. 

I have to replace my battery that has reached the end of its life, the spare part number is HP 919700-850, I want an original battery but I can't find it on the market... instead I find the HP 918701-850
I documented the first works at 10.6 volts with 3 cells .. while the second being with 4 cells works at 14.6 volts
i can mount the second one in my notebbok
Thanks to those who can give me a useful indication

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I did confirm that in my last post.

The battery you asked about has the HP part number that the manual states is compatible with your laptop.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Here are various online vendors of the battery at Amazon.it

https://www.amazon.it/s?k=batteria+hp+919700-850+originale&crid=2GY8OD7XF2RYU&sprefix=HP+919700-850%...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi, I have already seen on Amazon but I would like to buy an original one but it cannot be found while the 4-cell one is available, but I would like to know from some experts if the 4-cell battery with 14.6 volts can still be good for my notebook

HP Recommended

Maintenance & Service guide

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05485525.pdf

Compatible batteries description and HP part number from the illustrated parts list

4-cell, 41-Whr, 2.8-Ah Li-ion battery   919701-850

3-cell, 31-Whr, 2.8-Ah Li-ion battery   919700-850

It is Amp Hours and watt hours that matter. 

The first one in the list does provide 14.6 volts.

HP Recommended

Hello, I have already consulted the service manual but my doubt is: can the two batteries be swapped with each other, can my notebook work with both even if the plate data are different?

HP Recommended

What do you mean by plate data?

I suspect that English is not your native tongue and that this is a translation issue. You may have consulted the manual but perhaps did not quite understand it. 

If the manual states that there are two batteries compatible, it means that either one will physically fit  and operate as expected.  

One of them has more current storage capacity.
That one will give you more mobile use without having to find a mains power outlet to recharge it.

HP Recommended

I'm sorry but my English isn't good..I meant that the two batteries are different, one at 10.9 volts and the other at about 14.6...so you can confirm that they are interchangeable. If so, I thank you for your patience and the help you have given me

HP Recommended

I did confirm that in my last post.

The battery you asked about has the HP part number that the manual states is compatible with your laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.