Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-19-2020 08:05 PM - last edited on 06-20-2020 06:40 PM by Ozzie-P
Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report Analysis Results Errors
06-23-2020 03:45 PM
@aswin3 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you have an HP Pavillion laptop. I read that the laptop shuts down after the battery charge dips to 80%. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps.
I would like to know the following information to assist you better:
- Please let me know the exact laptop model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
- How did you run the battery test? Was it run in Windows or the HP UEFI hardware diagnostic menu?
- Did any software changes or update happen on the laptop?
I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Power off the laptop.
- Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
- Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
- Power ON the laptop.
Please check the following power options in Windows:
- Search and open "power options" in Windows.
- Click on "Change plan settings" which is next to your power plan.
- On the next screen click on " Change advanced power settings" as shown in the below image:
Please click on Apply and OK.
You may now observe if the battery shutsdown at 80% battery charge.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!