Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dh0000nx

I have replaced my m.2 256 to 1 tb m.2. I can't install windows in the new one.  I downloaded the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft website then I inserted the USB stick into the USB port. I started installing windows and everything went well till it is time to restart the laptop.  After restarting it starts installing windows from the beginning and keeps looping again and again. I tried to change the setting in the BIOS with no benefits. I have hired an expert but he couldn't solve this problem.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion that I can offer (because that has also happened to me) is at the precise moment the notebook turns off to restart, remove the USB flash drive and hopefully, Windows will complete the installation.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply. I have tried removing USB before and that didn't fix the problem.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry, that didn't work.

Have you checked to see if your PC is supported by the HP cloud recovery tool?

Your notebook may be supported by the HP cloud recovery tool which you can use on another PC running W7 64 bit or newer, and a 32 GB USB flash drive that will create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use the utility:

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 11 and 10 | HP® Customer Support

If you use another PC, after you install the tool, you will need to enter your PC's product number in the tool's search window to create the recovery media. Your notebook's product number is: 7DW16EA# (and you have to enter the 3 characters you see after the pound sign).

HP Recommended

I appreciate your help. I am still looking for something easier to apply. I don't have a lot of experience. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.