Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP G62 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello, i have a problem with a program. the program does not want to start because my notebook has 2 graphics card drivers installed.
once from intel once from nvidea. if I deactivate a driver, the program will work. but the display is reduced.
how do I make it to have only one graphics card driver in the system, and the screen resolution remains 1366x768.
sorry for my google english
best regards

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

You do not want to do that. You do have 2 video cards. Its called switchable graphics. What program is not starting? Can we get your exact model number so we can help you find a driver that will work with both video cards and explain how you can optimize them?

HP Recommended

hello hope this can help:
model: hp g62 notebook pc
product id: xr475ea # abd
The program is called wiso sparbuch 2020 and is a well-known tax program (german). Last year I had the same problem, I was able to solve it, I just don't know what I was doing.
When starting the program this error message appears:
loadlibrary failed with error 1114: a dll initialization routine failed

HP Recommended

The model you give is shown to have ATI HD5470 graphics. On laptops made before 2012 (yours is from 2010-10 years old) Windows 10 is tough to get working right, particularly the older switchable graphics models. Where did you get the drivers for Windows 10 you have installed on your laptop? I can tell you trying to disable one of the video cards is not going to get you anywhere. 

HP Recommended

I can no longer say exactly where the drivers are from. does not matter. I installed the program on my daughter's notebook. and i have to say that windows 10 runs very well on my notebook.
thanks anyway for your answers

HP Recommended

I have found a solution for myself. I uninstall radeon in win10 and the program starts ... and when windows is restarted the radeon is back in the system. So I only have to uninstall the radeon if I want to use the program

HP Recommended

Not many people would see that as a workable solution but if you are happy with it....OK

HP Recommended

i need the program once a year, so a reasonable solution

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.