Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop will no longer connect to the internet. It can't even locate available WIFI. After troubleshooting the following problems were found:

"The Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 adapter  is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems"

"A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken"   

As for the 2nd problem, all of our other devices are connecting just fine to the internet so it has to be the first problem. I have 46 days left in my warranty. Where the heck do I even take my laptop to get looked at? Can I do anything to resolve the problem at home? HELP please!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

It definitely appears to be a hardware issue with the wireless card. HP will fix it under warranty. 

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/scm/home?ac.admitted=1469445802989.1123376534.1994...

HP has pretty much gone to an internet based service system so just fill in your serial number and submit. 

If you want to try to fix it yourself by replacing the wireless card let us know. We can find you the part and provide instructions and moral support but many people are rightly hesitant to start disassembling their laptops. 

HP Recommended

Hi Huffer,  I seem to be experiencing the same issues as you posted in 2016, yet I just purchased my Envy convertible in October 2017.  Do you think this is a hardware issue?

I just posted my specific details in another post. 

Best.

HP Recommended

The response you got there is pretty reasonable. Give it a try and report results. If that does not work we can take a deeper dive. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.