07-24-2016 11:53 AM
My laptop will no longer connect to the internet. It can't even locate available WIFI. After troubleshooting the following problems were found:
"The Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems"
"A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken"
As for the 2nd problem, all of our other devices are connecting just fine to the internet so it has to be the first problem. I have 46 days left in my warranty. Where the heck do I even take my laptop to get looked at? Can I do anything to resolve the problem at home? HELP please!
07-25-2016 05:26 AM
It definitely appears to be a hardware issue with the wireless card. HP will fix it under warranty.
HP has pretty much gone to an internet based service system so just fill in your serial number and submit.
If you want to try to fix it yourself by replacing the wireless card let us know. We can find you the part and provide instructions and moral support but many people are rightly hesitant to start disassembling their laptops.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot