Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cc1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

suggest me good ram upgrade

Here is my system info...

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-8250U (1.6 GHz base frequency, up to 3.4 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)

Storage: 1 tb hdd + 500 gb m.2 nvme ssd (Samsung 970 Evo Plus)

i want to purchase 8 gb + 8 gb total 16 gb ram

Now, suggest me the best frequency ram for my system so that i can reduce bottleneck condition as we khow the Samsung 970 Evo Plus nvme ssd is very fast...

my system manual says -> Memory, standard: 4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB)

that means 2400 Hz ram right?

but there are more frequency ram available in market. should i buy one of them? or i can only use a 2400 Hz ram for my system

my laptop:

HP Pavilion 15-cc1xx

or

HP Pavilion - 15-cc115tu

manual:

https://support.hp.com/hk-en/document/c05930103

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06525445.pdf

i am in confusion

pls someone give ans.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook's processor is limited to running the memory at a max speed of 2400 MHz, so if you were to install 3200 MHz memory, it is only going to run at 2400 MHz.

I recommend this model 8 GB memory for your notebook...

Crucial 8GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM | CT8G4SFS824A | Crucial IN

HP Recommended

but the 4 gb preinstalled factory ram which i am using now is not same as the one you recommended...

here is the ram that hp gave me

ram_up.jpgram_down.jpg

they are 2666 Hz & 1RX16 written but your recommended ram is 2400 Hz and Single Ranked • x8 based written

it's confusing right?

so please double check again and tell me which one i should buy

thanks for reply

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If HP installed DDR4-2666 MHz memory, then this would be the 8 GB Crucial equivalent...

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | pavilion 15 series | Pavilion 15 (15-cc100 - 15-cc199 Mode...

Amazon.in: Buy Crucial CT8G4SFS8266 8GB DDR4 PC4-21300 CL-19 2666 MT/s SODIMM RAM Online at Low Pric...

Will work just fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.