Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 15-db1021nv
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have done this question again and i dont get the right answer my laptop with this product number 7GP45EA#AB7 has 8gb ram and i upgrade to 12ram so i put a 4gb ram more this comfiguretion work in dual channel mode?the servise manual of my laptop says that this configuration is right and i can do it.and i see the same laptop with 12gb ram preinstalled. i just want to know if work in dual channel mode.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Usually you need to install memory in matching capacities in order for it to run in dual channel mode.

If the cpuz, speccy, hwinfo64  utilities are reporting the memory is running in dual channel mode, then I would go with what they report.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

The memory will work at 12 GB, but not in dual channel mode.

In order for the memory to run in dual channel mode, you need to install matching memory capacities in each slot (2 x 4 GB, 2 x 8 GB).

HP Recommended

the cpuz,speccy,hwinfo64 said that work in dual channel mode

HP Recommended

Usually you need to install memory in matching capacities in order for it to run in dual channel mode.

If the cpuz, speccy, hwinfo64  utilities are reporting the memory is running in dual channel mode, then I would go with what they report.

HP Recommended

thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I am surprised by those reports but it is a good thing.

HP Recommended

you want to upload some pictures to see?

HP Recommended

If you want to go through the trouble, I would be interested in seeing the reports.

HP Recommended

IMG_20201127_232548.jpg

HP Recommended

Thanks.

Yep, running in dual channel mode.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.