Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 14-cm0104au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I got a problem with my hp 14-cm0104au, it'll always lag and the boot time reaches around 10mins and when I check the task manager, the hard drive is always reaching 100%. I've search the same issue and it says that ryzen 3 doesn't perform well on 5400rpm HDD. What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jugikz

I suggest you press ctrl+alt+delete and select "task manager", once the task manager opens, select the processes tab, you have to scroll down to "service host: App Readiness" and select it.

• Then right-click and select "end task", you will get to the desktop right away and everything works fine.
  • Then, go to Windows services (type "services" in the search box) and select the "App readiness" service > select properties> select startup type>  select disable! (do not select manual, automatic or automatic delayed because none of them will work)

After that, your device should have a better performance.

If you have any issues related to windows update after the above steps, please revert the charges and install the latest BIOS, and Chipset updates from the HP website to resolve the issue: Click here to find and install the same.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for joining the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@jugikz

I suggest you press ctrl+alt+delete and select "task manager", once the task manager opens, select the processes tab, you have to scroll down to "service host: App Readiness" and select it.

• Then right-click and select "end task", you will get to the desktop right away and everything works fine.
  • Then, go to Windows services (type "services" in the search box) and select the "App readiness" service > select properties> select startup type>  select disable! (do not select manual, automatic or automatic delayed because none of them will work)

After that, your device should have a better performance.

If you have any issues related to windows update after the above steps, please revert the charges and install the latest BIOS, and Chipset updates from the HP website to resolve the issue: Click here to find and install the same.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for joining the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi! 

Thank you for the help. I did not see any app readiness though in the task manager so I went straight to services and I found it there. I've set the statt up to disable and I'll see if it will improve though. Thank you soo much for your help

HP Recommended

@jugikz

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sure thing. Have a great day 😁

HP Recommended

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.