Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Thank you for you valuable inputs.. 

I will get back to you if i nedd any assistance. 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

HI .  the 8 gb 2666 ram is delivered to me and then i came to know its dual rank and not single rank as my default skhynix.

CT8G4SFS8266  crucial SINGLE RANK
CT8G4SFRA266 DUAL RANK     crucial is delivered

Hynix HMA81GS6CJR8N-VK    preinstalled

i had already shared amazon links of all before ordering to u  . 

but u dint inform me about the ranks and to get the single rank one which i was unaware of.

I understand that my current RAM is a single-rank RAM and my new one is dual-ranked RAM and is compatible as per crucial

but not recommended..  will it work in dual channel mode in full performance ..

or shall i return it but it seems amazon has only replacement policy.

i mailed crucial about it  and they too  recommended single rank one.

let me know what would be best to do now.

memory - Can I mix dual-rank and single-rank ram for my Dell XPS 15 9750 laptop - Super User

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, it should work just fine.

I don't agree that the memory will not run in dual channel mode.

My understanding is that as long as the capacity is the same (8 GB + 8 GB), the memory will run in dual channel mode.

HP Recommended

Thank you again for the prompt response.. 

Yes i agree it will work as dual channel too but 

I guess with overall 5-10% reduced performance..

I called hp now and they confirmed the same.. 

They asked me if i can return the product they can try giving me the same part too.. 

Also i emailed crucial about it and they replied that as best practises we must use same type, though different type is compatible.

Their crucial scanner always recommends all the ram's that are compatible but never gives which is best compatible and its just like marketing gimmick. They are even recommending via crucial scanner 3200.mhz version in 1st list to just get sales number and not the best compatibility i believe..

Can you actually explain the real difference between single vs dual rank as i am not very clear about its working principle.. 

HP Recommended

Hi:

This article should explain the difference.

Single Rank Memory vs. Dual Rank Memory (vs Quad Rank Memory) - OEMPCWorld

3200 MHz memory would just run at 2400 MHz just like the 2666 MHz memory will.

The only reason to buy 3200 MHz memory would be if you planned to install it in a newer PC that could actually run the memory at 3200 MHz.

HP Recommended

i see that the 1tb hdd installed heats a lot and makes right side of touchpad warm,

room temp- 25 c

cpu temp- 37 c approx .. few tabs open

ssd- 30c

hdd 1tb seagate - 38 to 46 often(no r/w). idles at 38 c..

in my other laptops with hitachi/toshiba/wd  idle hdd is 31c

read write temp is 34-35..

so techically this seagate runs hotter and makes palm rest hot.

how to  fix it..

i see a driver at hp site.for same model hdd.

Driver - HP Notebook 15-da1041tu | HP® Customer Support

will this fix or need to ask hp for replacement.

never seen such laptop hdd hot at room temp 25c.

now just 1 tab open and its 40c.

sharing a temp profile of last month and current date  where we see ..cpu temp less than  hdd which is bad.

saurabsfdc_0-1621210463876.png

hdd temp idle 46 ambient temp 30 c.PNG

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I don't know if the firmware update is going to do anything to reduce the temperature.

The release notes for the update state this...- Provides improved hard disk driver (HDD) reliability.

I don't work for or represent HP, so I would not be able to advise you on how to get the drive replaced under warranty.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.