Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre X2 12-c12dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

the stylus pointer keep teleporting back and forth to the downside of the screen.. is this normal?20181202_083120.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Hamdhan,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with the pen not working correctly. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

After reviewing your post regarding the Active pen, I would suggest you to update the Bios and Chipset drivers on your PC from our HP Support website, using this link.

I would recommend you install the latest HP Pen control: Click here to download and install

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

If the issue persists, uninstall the keyboard drivers from device manager and restart the computer.

• Please right-click on start>select device manager>Expand Keyboards>Right-click on the listed drivers and uninstall them. Then restart the computer and check again if the issue is fixed.
  • If it continues, please replace the stylus battery and check again if it gets resolved.
  • If it persists, please try to perform the prescribed troubleshooting steps from this link: HP PCs - Touch Screen Stylus Pen Is Inaccurate or Stops Working

I hope this should do the trick. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i've done updating the bios and chip, i also tried to uninstall keyboard keyboard drive from the device manager. however, none of them worked out well.. the pointer still likes to teleport to the bottom of the screen once the stylus got near the screen..

HP Recommended

@Hamdhan,

Thank you for replying,

After reviewing your post thoroughly, I would suggest here is to go ahead and install the Pen control software as well as Intel Precise Touch Driver for your notebook.

HP Pen control: Click here to download and install.

Intel Precise Touch Driver: Click here to download.

I hope this should help, let me know how it goes for further assistance

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i already tried all of them but it still doesnt work.. but thank you.. i hope Hp will come into a better solution soon..:OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

@Hamdhan,

I am responding on behalf of @Jeet_singh as he is out for the day. It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I recommend you try performing a system restore on the computer back to the date when the stylus was working fine.

Follow the steps in the below artilce to perform a system restore.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.