Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion Notebook 15-ab216nz
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am looking for a universal serial bus ( usb ) controller driver for my Pavilion notebook 15-ab216nz as well as the Network Controller

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

For the usb controller, download, unzip and run the setup.exe file from the link below.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22824/USB-3-0-Driver-Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Control...

There is no information online regarding what model wireless card (network controller) your notebook has.

Please post the hardware ID for the network controller, so I can figure out what model wireless card it is and then I will post the link to the driver you need for it.

To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager and click on the Network Controller needing the driver.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the Network Controller window.

Now you will see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

For the usb controller, download, unzip and run the setup.exe file from the link below.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22824/USB-3-0-Driver-Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Control...

There is no information online regarding what model wireless card (network controller) your notebook has.

Please post the hardware ID for the network controller, so I can figure out what model wireless card it is and then I will post the link to the driver you need for it.

To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager and click on the Network Controller needing the driver.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the Network Controller window.

Now you will see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

HP Recommended

Hi,

thanks very much for the link to the driver. The USB is now working fine.

The Network Controller  Hardware Ids are:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3165&SUBSYS_40108086&REV_81  (top string of the value field)

Thank you

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You need these drivers for the wifi and bluetooth...

This package contains drivers for the Intel Wireless LAN in supported models running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74001-74500/sp74497.exe

This package contains the driver installation package for the Intel Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating systems.

NOTE: In order for this package to install correctly, the previous package must be removed before running this driver update. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74755.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul for the 2 links.

I download the 2 files by clicking the link. What I got are sp74497.exec and sp74497.exe

> NOTE:

> In order for this package to install correctly, the previous package must be removed before running this driver update.

Where may I find the previous package as the network controller has no driver.

With both of them: when clicking them after the InstallSchield Wizard showing the content, etc the extracting ended with a box saying:

"The contents of this files cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attemptng to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file: very its integrity, and try again."

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Both files worked for me and if you hadn't installed the intel bluetooth driver previously, then you don't have anything to uninstall first.

Try the drivers directly from Intel...

Wireless:  2nd driver on the list for 64 bit.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26173/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo...

Bluetooth: 2nd driver on the list for 64 bit.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26191/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technol...

HP Recommended

I downloaded both drivers and installed them - they are working. Thanks a lot for your support!

In the Device Manager remain some  more  devices without drivers:

Ethernet Controller

Hardware Id:  PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_8093103C&REV_0A

PCI Data Aquisition and Signal Processing Controller

Hardware Id:  PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1603&SUBSYS_8093103C&REV_09

PCI Simple Communications Controller

Hardware Id:  PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CBA&SUBSYS_8093103C&REV_03

SM Bus Controller

Hardware Id:  PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CA2&SUBSYS_8093103C&REV_03

Unknown Device

Hardware Id:  ACPI\HPQ6007

Unknown Device

Hardware Id:  ACPI\INT3400

Unknown Device

Hardware Id:  ACPI\MSFT0101

Are there drivers available?

Thanks for your reply

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, they are...

Ethernet Controller:

This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71191.exe

PCI Data Aquisition and Signal Processing Controller &  ACPI\INT3400:

This package contains the driver that enables the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework firmware. Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework provide system temperature and power utilization information for the system thermal protection to function properly. This package is provided for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71185.exe

PCI Simple Communications Controller:

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Intel Management Engine Interface enables communication between the host operating system and the Intel Management Engine firmware.

File name: sp71909.exe

SM Bus Controller:   Note...Install this driver first and restart the PC

This package contains the Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver for supported notebook models and operating systems. This utility enables the operating system to show the correct name for the installed Intel hardware in the Microsoft Windows Device Manager.

File name: sp71908.exe

ACPI\HPQ6007:

This package provides the HP 3D Driveguard Software (HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection) for supported models that are running a supported operating system. The HP 3D Driveguard Software protects the hard drive by parking the heads if the notebook is accidentally dropped, or is abruptly impacted by another object.

File name: sp76484.exe

ACPI\MSFT0101:   If you are not running W7 Ultimate, see if you have the option to disable the TPM (Trusted Platform Module) 2.0 device.  You only need that for bitlocker and if you aren't running W7 Ultimate or Enterprise, bitlocker is not available.

If you do not have the option to turn off TPM in the BIOS, then run the Microsoft hotfix I have zipped up and attached below.

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks a lot for your feedback. I installed the updates successfully.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.