Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have an HP laptop or notepad without any indication of S/N, model etc.
The front side has in the left upper corner a camera.
A sticker with "Intel inside"
The right side of the screen
USB connector, USB connector C, reset switch?, HDMI connector, mem card slot.
The left side of the screen
headphone jack.
Can somebody tell me what model .... that laptop is?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Does the screen part detach from the keyboard to become a tablet?

Take a look at the review at the hyperlink below. Is that what you have?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-HP-Envy-x2-11-g000eg-Tablet.87799.0.html

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, the information you provided is not of any help in identifying the model of the notebook you have, other than it is a fairly new model (less than 5 years old) if it has a USB C port.

Can you turn it on and get into the BIOS?

If so, you will find the model number, product number and serial number in the system information scree.

To get to that info, you turn or or restart the PC and immediately press/tap the ESC key to get the menu of options.

Select the F10 Setup option and press the enter key.

The first screen should provide the information you are looking for.

HP Recommended

I bought this laptop in a second hand shop, without adapter.
I can not power-on the laptop and I can't load its battery.
Searching with photo's on Google was not successful.

HP Recommended

HI,

Take a look on the bottom of the notebook.

Unless it has been sanded off,amongst the tiny letters you should find the Product name and product number.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
I checked the entire laptop with a magnifying glass, no text can be found.
No traces of scratches, the laptop looks unused.
HP Recommended

Well. That is more than unusual.

I have never seen an HP notebook without product identifying information labelled or printed on it.

Can you take a digital photo of the bottom and post it here?

Take a read of the look at the product section of the document at the hyperlink below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

HP Recommended

Thank you Erico, I do appreciate what you are doing for the community and specially what you do for me.
On the laptop there is no connector for loading battery.
Could the loading of the battery be done via an USB plug? or cordless charging ?
The laptop has on the IMG_20211129_102217.jpgfront cover in the upper left corner a camera. Could that help for identification?

HP Recommended

IMG_20211129_140438.jpgIMG_20211129_140606.jpg

HP Recommended

You should be able to charge it with a USB power adapter.

I do hope that the price was seriously low. It looks like an Envy model.

The only reason I buy broken laptops is that I know how to repair them and I would only buy a high end second hand broken laptop.

HP Recommended

The Envy, as you suggested, has the connectors stationed in the "keyboard" part.
The laptop I have, these are situated in the screen part.
I think that most of the electronics is behind the screen.
I connected the laptop to USB from PC, no loading led (tried both USB-C and USB-A)
Screen diagonal = 29cm (11.4")

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.