Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So, i recently got the HP spectre x360, the face recognition is not working, nor is the microphone. I have tried a bunch of dorffrent things like....

1. trouble shooting with HP

2.  going to device manager and downloading updates

3. unistalling imiging devices and doing a hard reset on my laptop 

and still nothing is working. the error message I'm getting when I try to open up the webcam  is 0xA00f4244 no cameras are attached. and  every time I try to use the microphone it says I have to set it up, i try to set it up and its says no microphone found. I find it very frustrating that I bought this expensive laptop and I am having these issues. 

please help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ahayden
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Did you make any changes in the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
  • Did this happen after a recent window or software update?

While you respond to that, let's try system restore:
System Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545 to perform Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

to answer your first 2 questions.

1.  No I did not make any changes in the settings to this PC. The issues came with the laptop. When I was doing my setup it could not launch the face recognition for sign in, so I skipped it. 
  2. This issue came with the laptop. I now need the webcam and microphone to be able to work. 

I also tried the system restore and I am still getting the same message when I try to open up the web cam. It states there is no cameras are attached.

HP Recommended

I had same issue. Spent two hours trying to figure out why the software had not come in the computer. It did. But was turned off.  Look on the side of the computer. There is a tiny toggle switch. Mine was on the right side of the computer. Not on the keyboard but on the actual side of the computer.  Royally angers me when I learned the fix to this was a button. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.