10-20-2019 02:51 PM
So, i recently got the HP spectre x360, the face recognition is not working, nor is the microphone. I have tried a bunch of dorffrent things like....
1. trouble shooting with HP
2. going to device manager and downloading updates
3. unistalling imiging devices and doing a hard reset on my laptop
and still nothing is working. the error message I'm getting when I try to open up the webcam is 0xA00f4244 no cameras are attached. and every time I try to use the microphone it says I have to set it up, i try to set it up and its says no microphone found. I find it very frustrating that I bought this expensive laptop and I am having these issues.
10-22-2019 05:53 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Did you make any changes in the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
While you respond to that, let's try system restore:
System Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected.
Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545 to perform Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
10-22-2019 08:10 PM
to answer your first 2 questions.
- No I did not make any changes in the settings to this PC. The issues came with the laptop. When I was doing my setup it could not launch the face recognition for sign in, so I skipped it.
- This issue came with the laptop. I now need the webcam and microphone to be able to work.
I also tried the system restore and I am still getting the same message when I try to open up the web cam. It states there is no cameras are attached.
11-12-2019 07:39 PM
I had same issue. Spent two hours trying to figure out why the software had not come in the computer. It did. But was turned off. Look on the side of the computer. There is a tiny toggle switch. Mine was on the right side of the computer. Not on the keyboard but on the actual side of the computer. Royally angers me when I learned the fix to this was a button.