07-13-2012 05:50 PM
My HP pavillion dv6-1355dx entertainment notebook was working fine when I went to bed one night,but the next morning, the keys on the left didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks!
07-13-2012 05:58 PM - edited 07-13-2012 05:59 PM
The keyboard can go out and when they do it is usually a section of keys not the whole thing. Try going into device manager find the keyboard and "uninstall" it then reboot to let Windows reacquire the driver. You can also turn it off remove the battery and power and hold down the power button 15 seconds then reattach power and power on. You can also go into BIOS (F10 setup) and restore default settings. If none of these works it is time for a new keyboard. They are fairly cheap and easy for the end user to install do it yourself. Post back if you want a link to a place to buy the keyboard and an instruction manual.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot