Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

@ NDSU-Tech  YOu mentioned you have EliteDesk machine...can you please tell me which model?  I have a few EliteDesk 800 G2 SFF Models which have this issue when shutdown machines reboots itself.....

Thank you for advance  

HP Recommended

Replacing the CMOS battery worked for me too.

HP Recommended

We also have the EliteDesk 800 G2 SFF.  I think we self inflict it on ourselves. We reimage our machines with SCCM and obvioulsy we did not have the correct driver in place for the NIC.  We are only getting one every other month now.

For the people who are resolving this through replacing the BIOS battery, i wonder if you just took the origional one out, waited a minute and put it back in, if that would resolve the issue? That would imply that a powering off of teh motherboard would be a solution. 

HP Recommended

I tried taking the battery out and reinserting it, but that did not fix it. Mine was a worn out battery. Once I put a fresh one in and I did not have any further problems. Do not be cheap, spring for a new battery!

HP Recommended
This is wifi problem. Replace or remove the wifi card from the system. The problem resolved
HP Recommended
Hv had a similar problem several times, replacing the HDD works for me. Try that.
HP Recommended

Disconnecting the network cable would stop mine from restarting as well.  However, my network driver was the latest and greatest.  So, I went to Intel's site and got a later version and installed it.  Viola it now shuts down properly.  Thanks for everyone's advice and experiences.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.