Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec2xxx
Microsoft Windows 11

hi so i want to add an ssd because i need more space and laptop only comes with a 512gb ssd, if i add an ssd wil that void the warranty? and i also would like to upgrade my ram from the default 16gb to 32gb , does that void the warranty? if not could you please give me a link or the name of compatible ssd's and ram for my laptop? thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to chapter 5 of the service manual, upgrading the drive and memory are customer-authorized procedures and should not void the warranty unless you break something during the process of doing the upgrades.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion Gaming 15 Laptop PC

I would look into the Samsung 980 SSD (not the 980 Pro, just the plain 980).

This would be a compatible 16 GB memory chip for your notebook.  Buy two of them.

Crucial 16GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM | CT16G4SFRA32A | Crucial.com

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to chapter 5 of the service manual, upgrading the drive and memory are customer-authorized procedures and should not void the warranty unless you break something during the process of doing the upgrades.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion Gaming 15 Laptop PC

I would look into the Samsung 980 SSD (not the 980 Pro, just the plain 980).

This would be a compatible 16 GB memory chip for your notebook.  Buy two of them.

Crucial 16GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM | CT16G4SFRA32A | Crucial.com

HP Recommended

is the ram that you sent dual rank or single rank?

HP Recommended

is the ram that you sent single or dual rank?
i also read the maintenance guide and it said changing parts might void your warranty and i have to check my warranty for that, how can i check that?

HP Recommended

I don't see that information regarding single or dual rank listed on the memory specs link I posted.

Since they guarantee compatibility, it shouldn't matter.

You would have to contact HP in Saudi Arabia to get specific information regarding the warranty.

الاتصال بشركة HP | HP® المملكة العربية السعودية

Since we don't work for or represent HP, we can only provide general information that is available to the public.

HP Recommended

one final question, could you tell me which ssd work well with my laptop preferably 1tb ssd or more

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.