Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Just going to make a final post on this as it is resolved for me.  I had HP ring me yesterday and ask me to reboot into Safemode (can be found by tapping ESC key while laptop is booting)  

Booting into desktop and renaming this folder C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution to SoftwareDistribution1

and rebooting. It then downloaded the creator privacy setting update. Rebooted again and in windows update it said the laptop was up to date but windows 10 creator update was coming soon, click here to install now. I clicked it and downloaded windows update assistant. Which downloaded a windows 10 update and then nothing happened, and nothing changed, that was yesterday.

Today I rebooted again, and went to my downloads file and ran the windows 10 update assistant that I downloaded yesterday. It downloaded for a few hours (ADSL) and rebooted itself and when it eventually got to the desktop Windows Creator Update was installed.

I assume HP fixed the issue behind the scenes in the last month and it was just a matter of forcing it to try install the update again.

Hope everyone else having this issue is able to get it working.

HP Recommended

Wow.  My x360 convertible finally updated properly today.  Somehow there was a Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant on my desktop this morning.  I followed the steps, and .... voila!

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue.  Only bought the computer about a month ago

HP Recommended

Count me in with the error about uninstaling "HP Stream x360 Convertible PC". I have a HP Stream x360 11-AA010ND with the lates bios F.09 Rev.A. I am trying to go to the Creators update (home). To postpone useless but persistent efforts to continuesly have the update pushed, I blocked the update for now.

What I would like to know is what are the bios versions used of the other memebers in this thread. The only thing that is left to try (see below my efforts until now) is revert back to bios F.05. That was the bios used when installing the current Windows 10 version. Since there in no driver or program to uninstall, I can only think of the bios update. It is installed as a software package in Windows (UEFI bios).

I tried all tricks posted here and in other threads. Also checked all there is to be found in Microsoft forums including reading about error code 0xc1900208. Low disk space is not an issue using windows update, only when using the assistent. To avoid all potential issues here, I moved about 5Gb of folders to an external drive using junctions. I did use problem solver to clean the broken upgrade installations and ccleaner and disk cleanup for the rest. I checked cleanup manualy.

So, what are the bios used and did you update between Windows versions?

HP Recommended

Sorry to hear people are still facing problems with this.  It was really a pain for me, I had tried a bunch of things, and it kind of resolved itself as I mentioned earlier.  Wish I could provide more info but that's all I was aware of.

As far as the Bios version I am using now:  it is "Insyde F.09, 30-Mar-2017".   I had changed the Bios before the computer became upgradeable but that didn't immediatley resolve the issue, as others have posted.  I just assumed HP had done something somewhere (or maybe Microsoft had changed something??) after, out-of-the-blue, one day it upgraded successfully on one attempt.

Oh, I have not done anything to the Bios since the successful upgrade.

HP Recommended

I'm still not getting a windows creator update when quering MS update service. HP support had no answer, at least the person I talked with.

HP Recommended

I tried with the original bios and whatever updated version was available at the time creators update was released, bios made no difference. I would just suggest ringing HP if the fix I provided did not work. The laptop is still under warrantly if they can't fix they are going to have to replace it.

HP Recommended

@Unconverted, so the change of bios is not triggering "hp stream x360 convertible pc needs to uninstalled". Ok then I will start finding the point where this "program"/"driver" is mentioned. I will use the ID mentioned in the latest CompatData_*.xml found in the windows Panther folder. There is a line pointing to a blocking program "hp stream x360 convertible pc" with an ID. I did not find them in the regeistry nor in the INF folder, so I will run a system wide search 😞 .

HP Recommended

Searching did not reveil anything 😞

However, during the search activities, windows update installed kb4023057:

"Update to Windows 10 Versions 1507, 1511, and 1607 for update reliability: September 28, 2017"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023057/update-to-windows-10-versions-1507-1511-and-1607-fo...

Later, when I feel up to it (real life kicks in), I will rerun the Creators update 1703 and see what happens.

(note the previous version of kb4023057 was released May 30, 2017, so that could explain why some in this thread succeded in updating shortly after that)

HP Recommended

Installed the latest BIOS, F.2E, according to the HP support assist site. And another "button" update. Still no joy.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.