Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cc526nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have facial recognition on my laptop (HP Pavilion - 15-cc526nd). A while ago it slowly stopted working. i removed the driver and tried to reinstall it in device manager using "search for hardware changes" but it wouldn't come back.

i'm now trying to manually install it using this site:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25044/Intel-RealSense-Depth-Camera-Manager

but i dont know which realsense camera is installed in my laptop and can't find it.

any one else know this or another solution?

Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Thomas321 If you've done all the steps suggested in that article and yet the issue persists, please try creating a new user account and check if that works, if that doesn't work either, backup all important data and perform a system reset using the steps from this link: click here

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Thomas321

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also, ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

If the issue persists, refer to this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05873680 for Troubleshooting Windows Hello Face Recognition.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06243676 for HP PCs - Set Up Sign-in Options for Windows Hello.

Refer to this document: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/3169080/facial-recognition-logon-doesn-t-work-after-you-app... for Facial recognition logon doesn't work after you apply a Group Policy setting in Windows 10.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for joining the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

thanks for the respons @Raj1788

i have followed all the steps but they don't work unfortunately.

the problem i'm having is apperently not caused by an missing or broken ir camera driver but the facial recognition driver itself.

Do you have a solution for getting that driver reinstalled? or perhaps another way to fix the issue?

Thomas

HP Recommended

Aantekening 2019-10-27 192826.pngScreenshot_20191027-193258_Google[1].jpg

this is the error i got with the translation on the right

HP Recommended

@Thomas321 I suggest you follow the below steps to reinstall the drivers of your webcam, if not done, already:

Reinstalling the IR camera driver might resolve the issue. Uninstall the driver in Device Manager, and then reinstall the driver from HP Customer Support.

1. Using the search box on the taskbar, search for and open Device Manager.

2. In the Device Manager window, double-click Imaging devices, right-click the name of the IR camera, and then select Uninstall device.

Uninstalling the IR camera

3. Select Delete the driver software for this device, and then click Uninstall.

Selecting Delete the driver software for this device and clicking Uninstall

4. Go to HP Customer Support, and then enter your PC model number.

5. On the Software and driver results page for your PC model, download and install the driver for the IR camera.

Restart your PC by shutting it down and then manually turning it on to see if Windows Hello Face Recognition works. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 2 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hey @

i have already tried these solutions but unfortunately they do not work for me.

thomas

HP Recommended

@Thomas321 If you've done all the steps suggested in that article and yet the issue persists, please try creating a new user account and check if that works, if that doesn't work either, backup all important data and perform a system reset using the steps from this link: click here

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

creating a new user has not resolved the issue unfornately. I'm going to perform a factory reset since i don't think there is a solution for this problem, but thank you for your efforts :).

HP Recommended

@Thomas321 The pleasure is all mine, that said, the reset should resolve the issue for good, please keep us posted once you've completed the factory reset process and if for some reason that doesn't help, we can fight together till the very end, until it is resolved.

Good luck and good day, ahead

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hey @Riddle_Decipher

thank you so much. I have completly reinstalled windows 10 and the driver is back! 🙂

Unfortunately is the problem back that i tried to fix before with deleting the driver.

the camera is scanning my face for 2 seconds and then freezes.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

thanks in advance

Thomas

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.