Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15 (15-ec1073dx)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi , 

I'm having a problem trying to upgrade the RTL8822CE ac wireless card in this laptop. This laptop is the one with a gtx 1650 and ryzen 5 4600h. I shut down the system and install this Intel ax200 card , https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085M7VPDP.

In Windows 10 the Intel bluetooth shows up but nothing for the wireless part. I tried with the antennas switched as well.

I installed the Intel drivers from the site for the ax200 and tried to install it with the manual legacy device option in device manager. After that under the device status it just says

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The request is not supported."

The location shows as unknown so I guess it's not properly detected at all. Can I tell if the bios is preventing it from being working correctly? I didn't have a problem booting up so I don't know where the problem is here. I reseated the card but that changed nothing. I am able to use a gamepad through bluetooth so it should be connected fine. I appreciate any help given. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

It probably doesn't work because you installed a vPro wifi card.

vPro designated hardware is only used in higher end business-class PC's and notebooks that meet Intel's vPro certification.

What Is the Intel vPro® Platform?

You can only use non-vPro cards in HP consumer class notebooks.

I recommend you try this card on eBay, which is the one that HP uses in the 15-ee0xxx model series with the AMD Ryzen 4xxx processors...This is the part number out of the 15-ee0000 service manual.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro  HP part # L35282-005

Make sure you get one with that part number from a HP notebook.  I see one for a Lenovo in that search.

L35282-005 | eBay

Hopefully that one will work for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.