Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15s-fq2006ur

Hello HP community! Please, **I NEED HELP!**
I just bought (NewYear gift) HP notebook (15s-fq2006ur) with brand-new Tiger Lake processor (with NVMe SSD (PCIe 0.0. SK hynix BC511 HFM512GDJTNI-82A0A D0BN49101350B90T, 476.9GB -- info from UEFI BIOS)) - but with FreeDOS - so when I start to setup W10x64 frum USB - it says "No drives can be found" during select of destination partition.
I know that I must find then write to usb-flash, unzip them and then select correct driver - and SSD will appear, but I can't find it at all anywhere!!! https://support.hp.com/ didnt contain it (tried to inject ALL of my laptop-drivers from there)
Also THIS ( www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044458 ) absolutely explain my problem but dont solves it (driver dont appear at driver select window even when checkbox of "compatible only" is unckecked!), I also tried all chipset drives for last 24H for many tigerlake models from acer, asus and msi...
HP!! PLEASE GIVE ME MY DRIVERS!!!!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I SOLVED IT MYSELF yesterday.
The problem was in DRIVER and in WINDOWS 10 x64!
1. Any NVMe driver that compatible to this hardware didnt compare to Windows older than 20H2!

2. and my existed Windows 10 X64 that was many times tested and well-tried many times at many computers - turned out that this system CAN'T LOAD any those drivers that thrash out ONLY "for new Win10"!
It's SO CRAZY!!!

So I create 20H2  uefi-installation flashdrive then find and unpack V18.0.4.1146_IRST_VMD_20H1 to USB flash drive. Then (even with some kind of error) it will AT LAST saw that NVMe and installation continues like at www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044458  .. 

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can try the Intel storage controller drivers that I zipped up and attached below and see if they work to find the drive.

Unzip the file to its folder and copy the folder to a USB flash drive.

At the screen in your screenshot, select the load driver option and browse to the driver folder.

There are two storage controller driver setup information files.

I think you need the iaStorAC file because that one has the NVMe controller driver.

PCI\VEN_8086&CC_0108.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) NVMe Controller"

HP Recommended

I found this attachment in your earlier posts, & tried it yesterday.

I tried it again now - As I expected, it says "No signed device drivers found. Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers and click OK."

HP Recommended

Sorry that didn't work.

I can't even find any drivers for your notebook's model series, and on the HP business notebook side, I can only find storage controller drivers for models with the 10th gen core processors.

Here is the storage controller driver file from the HP Elitebook 850 G7 which has the 10th gen core processor series.

This file has a lot of different setup information storage controller files. 

Try them all, and see if you get lucky.

HP Recommended

Thank you for quick response.

So you're right - there are no drivers of my laptop at HP. Maybe you can find it (it's Intel anyway) at different labels like Lenovo, Asus or something.
Anyway last driver archive you provide didnt compare/does not fit to hardware, so even if i uncheck checkbox of compatibility, see that list and install that drivers anyway (Intel(R) NVMe Controller, Intel(R) Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller , Intel(R) 6th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI Controller , Intel(R) 400 Series Chipset Family SATA ACHI Controller - I TRIED THEM ALL) - there is nothing happens.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Here is my last ditch effort on this. If it doesn't work, I recommend you contact HP support in Russia and see if someone there can help you.

Cвязь с HP| Официальный сайт | HP® Россия

The controller driver file I zipped up and attached below is from a HP notebook model series that does have drivers for the 11th gen processors.

HP Recommended

So here is what it says:
"No signed device drivers found. Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers and click OK."

"Select drivers.." window is empty.

HP Recommended

Sorry that didn't work either.

Unfortunately, I have no other drivers for you to try.

Hopefully, HP support has someone that knows the answer.

HP Recommended

Will wait for compitent HP support here too.
Otherwise going to bring this strange HP book back to the store and buy something else.
The lack of a driver and absence of my model at the oficial HP site is ABSURD AND REDICULOUS!!!

HP Recommended

It sure is.

There isn't even a base model 15s-fq2000 support page to get the drivers from.

All that exists is the support page for the older model series.

HP 15-f1000 Laptop PC series Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.