Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP stream 7

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-01 at 4.03.50 PM.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Bati23Osm

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

The message you get appears when something tries to reset the TPM module. TPM stands for “Trusted Platform Module”. It’s a chip on your computer’s motherboard that helps enable tamper-resistant full-disk encryption without requiring extremely long passphrases. More on TPMs >here<

If your device has an active encryption (like Bitlocker or other) and if you know your encryption key, you can safely tap/hit the [YES] section to clear the TPM.

If your device doesn't have any kind of encryption or if you don't know the encryption recovery key, press/hit [NO].

If for some reason the touch screen doesn't work, connect an external USB keyboard and use it to hit the yes or no.

Hope this helps! Let me knwo if this works for you.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended
My hp stream 7 tab unresolved after i reset that tab, what to do please
HP Recommended

Hi @Bati23Osm

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

The message you get appears when something tries to reset the TPM module. TPM stands for “Trusted Platform Module”. It’s a chip on your computer’s motherboard that helps enable tamper-resistant full-disk encryption without requiring extremely long passphrases. More on TPMs >here<

If your device has an active encryption (like Bitlocker or other) and if you know your encryption key, you can safely tap/hit the [YES] section to clear the TPM.

If your device doesn't have any kind of encryption or if you don't know the encryption recovery key, press/hit [NO].

If for some reason the touch screen doesn't work, connect an external USB keyboard and use it to hit the yes or no.

Hope this helps! Let me knwo if this works for you.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Hi @ IT_WinSec

Thanks a lot for replying me, yes the problem with me i can't press yes or no, how i connect my tab to pc? 

and another solution if i didn't find external USB keyboard? 

Thanks again ❤️ 

HP Recommended

You are welcome !

If you don't find a USB keyboard, you need to purchase one or ask a friend/relative for one time usage of the keyboard.

Use it along with OTG/adapter

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h19c1NWbSZ4

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UYlaKcUKno

If you press and hold the power-on button for 5-10 seconds, will the tablet shut down. If you attempt to start it after that like normal, does it load properly without asking you for the TPM reset ?

HP Recommended

If you press and hold the power-on button for 5-10 seconds, will the tablet shut down. If you attempt to start it after that like normal, does it load properly without asking you for the TPM reset?

Yes, i did what you said and always ask me about TPM

i will tell you what will happen after i get the keyboard and OTG 

Thanks a lot, 

Love HP. 

HP Recommended

I did what you said and look what happened 😢😢😢

Error 0xc000021c

HP Recommended

Error 0xc000021a ******

HP Recommended

Error 

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.