Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

thx... very interesting problem. Hopefully the team can recreate. In the meantime I will try and reframe from throwing my laptop around 😉

HP Recommended

@Rfulton01

I and another have reported the results of the new version. However-tomorrow begins a holiday weekend for most at HP so I am not sure we will get anything new before next week.

If you are willing to try another experiment-try installing the previous version and then run the new one to update it. Reboot after each.

Previous 6.0.44.1 Rev.A

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82001-82500/sp82228.exe

New 6.0.44.1 Rev.B

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82501-83000/sp82755.exe

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

@Rfulton01

Nevermind. I see from your post on another thread that you have done this. Hard to keep up with you and what has/has not been tried in all the threads.

HP Recommended

ahh you may have missed a post. I hadd to load "A". Then prior to the reboot. Load "B" to get as far as I have gotten.

My understanding is that "A" loaded the "fixed" driver intended to cover 1709, and that "B" modified it so that 1709 believed it was valid. "B" is not the full driver load, just the mod that helps 1709 recognize it. That was how it was pitched earlier today by someone else on the board.

I am not sure anyone sees the "Hidden Icon" any more regardless whether the service is running or the Device shows the correct driver. I am lost in all these seperate threads,,,,,, Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

@Rfulton01

Yes, it makes sense.Maybe new version removes icon in sys tray because that is actually what 1709 didn't like. I had reported that it might just be the software since some posters had uninstalled it and used Device Manager to install the driver from extracted SP and got no errors.

It would have been nice to get that info if it is the intended result.

HP Recommended

thank you so so so much it works ...........so helpfull..

HP Recommended

Thanks for the hints.

Question: does Driveguard serve any useful purpose on a laptop with an SSD drive?

Suggestion: You suggest "Open Windows Control Panel"; that is no longer as easy to find as it used to be - please indicate how to open the control panel!

HP Recommended

NONE

HP Recommended

I tried this but I am still getting a message saying it is incompatiable - please advise!!!

HP Recommended

@phoenixember

Latest version released by HP in Nov is this:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp83501-84000/sp83846.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.