Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello DavidPK,

I have had the same issue, although, unfortunately, your method does not fix it. The message disappears for the time being, but once I Restart my laptop again, it begins to become an issue again. Thank you for attempting to help, though.

-Kyle

HP Recommended

@kylejames0408

Without reading back thru all the pages of this thread I am just wondering if you have installed latest from Nov:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp83501-84000/sp83846.exe

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Hey CherylG,

I managed to fix it. It turns out it wasn't just an issue regarding the HP Accelerometer, but rather a whole issue with the HP Support Assistant. After fixing the HPSA, it fixed itself, thank you for getting back to me!

-Kyle

HP Recommended

Hi, I keep getting the subject message once I boot my computer. I followed the advice given but still experiencing the same.

Please guide on the way out of this dilemma

HP Recommended

Hello JOAT2,

I had the same issue, here is a list of steps I did in order to fix it, for me at least.

1. Install the latest HP Support Assistant HP Support Assistant
  2. Uninstall HP 3D DriveGuard
  3. Restart P.C.
  4. Go to HPSA
  5. Search for Updates
  6. HP 3D DriveGuard should be available for download from the Updates tab

I hope this helps!

-Kyle

HP Recommended

I got the same error message after installing this version.  If this is critical, as HP say, they need to make sure that their programs are up to date and preferably have an auto update function. 

HP Recommended
Thanks
HP Recommended

@CherylG wrote:

@kylejames0408

Without reading back thru all the pages of this thread I am just wondering if you have installed latest from Nov:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp83501-84000/sp83846.exe

This version finally worked for me.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

try to update your bios, use the hp support assistant so that you can see the available updates for your pc...",)

HP Recommended

didn't work for me,  still trying other fixes

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.