Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys.

I have a problem, I just bought a brand new Spectre x360 and the battery is drainig after perfom a FULL and COMPLETE shutdown (no sleep or hibernate). after 10hs I lost 8% of battery, all drivers are up to date as well as the BIOS.

I already had this issue with my Lenovo Yoga 3 11 and after update the BIOS I fixed. I alrady read that this seems to be an issue with W10 and some drivers but not all laptops has it.

Guys, any idea??, by the way I already disable the fastboot which seems to be a solution in same cases but non in mine.

Thanks!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just found the solution, I the BIOS exist an option that was enable, is the one that provides energy to your USB devices even if the computer is off.

after disable this feature the drain stopped, I only had a mouse receiver pluged in..

Thanks,

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome @santiago3, 

When you are using the AC adapter with the HP Spectre x360, please make sure that the AC adapter cable is not plugged into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source. It should be directly into a wall outlet.

Computer battery life varies, depending on power management settings, programs running on the computer, screen brightness, external devices connected to the computer, and other factors (even when it is a new purchase).

I read that you have already tried to update all of your drivers including the BIOS and disable fast startup. 

What do you have connected to the Notebook?

Have you tried to turn down the brightness?

Have you tried putting the Notebook on a power saver mode?

To learn more about how to Improve Battery Performance, please follow the document provided in the hyperlink. 

If your notebook computer battery does not Hold a Charge, you can try to troubleshoot the battery to see if it needs to be replaced. Sometimes, all it is is that the battery could need to be recalibrated. There is a document called Testing and Calibrating the Battery. You can use the steps in this document to find out the condition of the battery you currently have and see if it has any suggestions.

Using the HP Support Assistant is great because you can use the HP Battery Check tool also. 

When we have come to a resolution, please share what worked for you with others by marking this post as an Accepted Solution. If you would like to show you appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below. 

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please just re-post with detailed results of the troubleshooting, your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) and any other information you think may help me to assist you better.

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi,

First of all thanks for your repley, but non of the solutions that you provided really helps on my scenario, my battery drains after shutdown the computer, not hibernate or sleep, complete shutdown.

I already disable the dinamic tick, I updated the BIOS, all drivers and W10 is up to date and I disable fastboot too.

The battery life suing my computer is great!, 9hs aprox, but after shutdown the computer the battery still loose charge, seem sto be a software issue that does not allow to complete shutdown W10.

HP Recommended

Hey, 

Thanks for replying! 

I understand that you already turned off the fast startup feature, done updates and you are still having an issue. Here are a couple of links for you about Hybrid Shutdown, Fast Startup and Shutting down your Notebook in Windows 10.   

1. Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10.

2. Shut Down Computer in Windows 10.

If those do not work, please try the following; 

1. Shut down (turn off), sleep, or hibernate your PC - This document is from Microsoft. 

2. HP Notebook PCs - Managing Power Options (Windows 😎

3. HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 😎

There may be a setting that still needs to be changed.

Please try to disable hibernation mode all together. In the meantime, I will continue research and see if I can find any other solutions to help resolve the battery draining on you. 

Let me know that goes. 

Thanks! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

I just found the solution, I the BIOS exist an option that was enable, is the one that provides energy to your USB devices even if the computer is off.

after disable this feature the drain stopped, I only had a mouse receiver pluged in..

Thanks,

HP Recommended

That is awesome! 

Thank you for letting me know that you found a solution!

Take care. 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Only problem is that this does not completly fix the problem. There still is a 2% per 24 hrs drain that I have and as reported by several others.

HP seems to be ignoring this.

HP Recommended
No drain at all for me
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.