Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0140tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While the charger is plugged in.It shows plugged in not charging

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Sidhakpreet Welcome to HP Forums Community!

I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern:

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager:
1) In the search box, type, and open “Device Manager”.

2) Expand “Batteries”.

3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.

4) Click on “Uninstall”.

5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver

6) Shutdown the computer.

7) Remove the battery for a minute and then put it back in.

😎 When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.

9) Go to Device Manager.

10) Expand Batteries.

11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.

12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"

Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Sidhakpreet Welcome to HP Forums Community!

I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern:

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager:
1) In the search box, type, and open “Device Manager”.

2) Expand “Batteries”.

3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.

4) Click on “Uninstall”.

5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver

6) Shutdown the computer.

7) Remove the battery for a minute and then put it back in.

😎 When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.

9) Go to Device Manager.

10) Expand Batteries.

11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.

12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"

Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Laptop's Battery is not removable

HP Recommended

@Sidhakpreet I went through your product specifications and the battery on your device is removable: Click here for details (Refer to Page. 39 of Component replacement procedures).

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your solution but it seems that there is actually no such issue.The laptop automatically stops charging when the Temperature of the battery is high and starts charging after cooling down.

HP Recommended

@Sidhakpreet That's quite an interesting theory, I must say, I did not see that coming, nevertheless, I recommend you go through those steps in case you feel unsatisfied with the fact that it stops charging when its hot and so on, as most issues would be resolved by reseating the battery using the link I had shared earlier.

That said, if you are okay with that, so am I, and I hope you have a good day, ahead.

Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Sidhakpreet 

Apologies for jumping in unannounced.

I concur and offer my completely unsolicited opinion on the subject of "not charging when hot":

My Understanding:  The charge system responds to heat in a similar manner to that of the computer shutting down when it is "too hot" - charging resumes when the system is cool enough to support the operation.  

It makes sense - if the computer / charge system is hot, adding more heat by charging the battery doesn't help the situation.

I am not prepared to defend my opinion with documentation - I am sure the subject is covered though I cannot tell you at the moment where the information is located.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.