Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook Folio 9470m Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This notebook came with Windows 7 but is now operating Windows 10.  After a system failure last week following the Windows Cumulative Update 2023-03 (!), I had to do a clean install of Windows 10.  After the clean install, I tried to use my wireless headphones and discovered that my Bluetooth capability had "disappeared". I do not see any Bluetooth driver listed in Device Manager (including hidden devices), although there are two "Unknown devices" showing under "Other devices".  Both have yellow triangles with exclamation marks next to them.  Troubleshooting Bluetooth shows "Problems found" as "Check Bluetooth capability     Detected   (Yellow triangle with exclamation mark)".

When I search the HP site for drivers, there are none for Windows 10, 64 bit.

How do I find the Bluetooth device (not listed as Bluetooth) and how do I update the driver?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

For the Intel Bluetooth USB\VID_8087&PID_07DA device please refer to this discussion for the solution.

Solved: USB\VID_8087&PID_07DA\5&3B36A593&0&12 - HP Support Community - 8193702

I'm afraid that you may not get the other device driver installed. 

That is the 3D Driveguard device and the actual W10 driver doesn't work.

See this discussion and perhaps the solution will still work:

Solved: HP 8570w Accelerometer driver not working - HP Support Community - 7138204

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model Intel Wi-Fi adapter does your notebook come with?

Please post the hardware ID's for the devices that need drivers.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID for a device:

How to Find Drivers for Unknown Devices in the Device Manager (howtogeek.com)

HP Recommended

Product specs for my notebook for Wireless are as follows:

• WLAN (+ Bluetooth combo)
  • WWAN (LTE for US)

I'm not sure how to check for the exact Intel model WiFi adapter.  The intel inside sticker says "corei5vPro".

The Unknown device details are as follows:

"ACPI\VEN_HPQ&DEV_6000"

"ACPI\HPQ6000"

"*HPQ6000"

and

"USB\VID_8087&PID_07DA&REV_7869"

"USB\VID_8087&PID_07DA"

HP Recommended

I just looked under Network adapters and see Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6235.

HP Recommended

Hi:

For the Intel Bluetooth USB\VID_8087&PID_07DA device please refer to this discussion for the solution.

Solved: USB\VID_8087&PID_07DA\5&3B36A593&0&12 - HP Support Community - 8193702

I'm afraid that you may not get the other device driver installed. 

That is the 3D Driveguard device and the actual W10 driver doesn't work.

See this discussion and perhaps the solution will still work:

Solved: HP 8570w Accelerometer driver not working - HP Support Community - 7138204

HP Recommended

Thank you.  I will try what you have suggested in the links.

I also have triangles with exclamation marks next to three other devices, Base System Device (PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&SUBSYS_18DF103C&REV_30), PCI Serial Port (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3DSUBSYS_18DF103C&REV_04), and PCI Simple Communications Controller (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&SUBSYS_19DF1-3C&REV_04).

Should I be updating those?

HP Recommended

Thank you so much - I've updated the Intel 6235 Driver and I once again have Bluetooth!  One of my headsets quickly connected to Bluetooth (success!) but I can't get my Bose to connect yet...

I really appreciate your help. I was just about to give up and just purchase an external Bluetooth adapter.  I'm so glad I had your assistance!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You need these drivers for the other devices you posted:

Base System Device:

JMicron Media Card Reader Driver

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63637.exe

For the PCI Simple Communications Controller, you need this driver:

Intel Management Engine Components Driver 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65501-66000/sp65514.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you so much - all my devices seem to be updated and working properly now, except for the "Unknown device", with drivers not installed, and no compatible drivers (ACPI\\VEN_HPQ&DEV_6000).  I tried the fix at the link and it failed.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

If you replace the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" solid state drive (SSD), you don't need that device to 'park the heads' of the hard drive in the event of dropping or bumping the notebook, since a SSD has no moving parts.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.