Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion g6-2310ex
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My laptop has become very slow, I reinstalled windows and installed original drivers from HP's website. But, my laptop is still very slow. So, I'm hinking about restoring my laptop to factory settings. I don't have HP Backup & Recovery manager or Recovery Partition or any disc that came with laptop. If there is any way I can restore my laptop to Factory Settings, Please inform . And If I need to download anyting please give the link with it. Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @HPian_B, 

You may be able to purchase recovery discs for your Notebook if you did not create them initially. Please read the Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive document for more information. 

At this point, you would need to have Recovery Discs to do a factory restore. 

I hope this helps!

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi there @HPian_B

Before I provide troubleshooting documentation, I would like to take a minute to welcome you to the HP Support Community, where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from the community! I read that you would like to reset your HP Pavilion g6-2310ex Notebook PC to factory settings. 

Please read the document called Backing Up Your Files. This will provide you with ways to back up the files you have on your Notebook.

Here is a document for you to read called Creating Recovery Discs or Saving a Recovery Image to a USB Flash Drive. I pulled some information from the document for you. The first thing I would like to make you aware of is that only DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD+R, or DVD+R DL discs are compatible with the Recovery Media Creation program. The following disc types are not compatible with the Recovery Media Creation program:

• CDs
  • DVD-RW
  • DVD+RW
  • DVD-RW DL
  • DVD+RW DL

You will then also see that in the document it says: 

• The Recovery Media Creation software program allows  only one complete set of discs to be created.
  • The Recovery Media Creation software program  requires an uncorrupted recovery partition (Recovery Image (DSmiley Happy) to create a set of discs. Uncorrupted means the recovery partition has  not been modified or removed.
  • The creation process takes about 30 minutes per DVD. The entire recovery set does not need to be created in one session.
  • The Recovery Media Creation software can be aborted at any time, except during the writing (burning) process, by clicking  Cancel. The next time the Recovery Media Creation software program is run, it automatically starts where it last stopped.
  • You can use the recovery discs you create on your computer on another computer only if the second computer is the same model as the one that created the recovery discs.

Here is a document called Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7) and another called Recover Windows 7 Operating System Using Microsoft Windows Backup and Restore. - This is used to Recover, Restore, or do a Clean Install of Windows 7. 

Please make sure that you read these documents very carefully before you decided to reset to factory settings. 

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Please also re-post with the exact error message you received.

If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.

Thanks!

Have a great day

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the solution.

But I want you to know that I don't have any Recovery Partition or Recover Disks or HP Recovery Manager. 

And It says I need Uncorrupted Recovery Partition: 

• The Recovery Media Creation software program  requires an uncorrupted recovery partition (Recovery Image (DSmiley Happy) to create a set of discs. Uncorrupted means the recovery partition has  not been modified or removed.
HP Recommended

Hi there @HPian_B, 

You may be able to purchase recovery discs for your Notebook if you did not create them initially. Please read the Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive document for more information. 

At this point, you would need to have Recovery Discs to do a factory restore. 

I hope this helps!

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.