Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

but i already installed the bios F.51 in my HP 15 BS091MS. So far my laptop is running ok instead of any hiccups or brick. From what I remembered I downloaded it from HP Canada I think. So anyone with anything? HP seems to be silent on this unfortunately. Either they should come with an updated bios or let the bios downgrade to original bios version using any utitility or software

HP Recommended

@MKB47BD 

If your laptop is running fine there is no reason to worry about downgrading the BIOS. Usually,downgrading  is blocked anyway.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thank You. Though HP recommends Windows 10, but I am using Windows 8.1 since the notebook is touchscreen. So far its running good and no issues. My firefox browser only crashed once due to the latest update of firefox, Other than that no issues and I have disabled the windows update for now 

HP Recommended

I am having these issues lately. Random hangs and slow machine. My model is HP 15 (bs091ms). As I have already mentioned before that months ago I got a notification from HP Assistant that a new bios version is available for my laptop so I updated it. My previous bios was F.42 Rev A. The updated bios was F.51 Rev A (Dec 2018). I updated it and everything went well. Then from last week I noticed that my OS (I am using Windows 8.1 Pro) is having sudden crashes and then this blue screen about some kind of memory dump when playing Youtube videos in Mozilla Firefox Quantum Ver 65. I wanted to reinstall Bios F.51 but it is nowhere to be seen in the HP Drivers page. The bios that was posted there was the old one F.42 (Aug 2018). HP pulled off the new bios and didn't come up with anything yet. I already follow the recovery procedure to downgrade but it didn't work. I tried the USB method with HP Tools inside but it won't let me - The screen goes blank and Caps Lock light blinks like this 2 normal blinks and then 2 quick blinks. I managed to do the bios restore option by pressing and holding the Win +B key in 1 sec and Power Button method and it reinstalled the same new bios from hard drive I think not the USB drive. Now I am stuck with the new bios and HP is completely silent about this nor it is launching a new fixed bios. I would be glade if HP look into this matter or anyone provides me a solution to downgrade the bios to F.42 or any kind of workaround in my HP Laptop 15 which I bought last year on Mar 2018. Its already out of warranty now unfortunately. And I am pretty sure there is no harware issues.

HP Recommended

It doesn't seem like a BIOS issue in your case. I would rather try re-installation or upgradation of the OS. The OS crashing frequently in usual cases has very little to do with BIOS. Since the F.51 worked for your specific model, it shouldn't be causing any issues in OS performance.

HP Recommended

the crash occurs when I run youtube videos in numerous tabs in Firefox Ver 65. And the I have to hold the power button for 3 to seconds to power it off. Then power it on to run the notebook. HP already remove this bios F.51 from its support site. And there is no way I can downgrade or reinstall the F.51 bios. I already updated my OS with windows update today but still the issues are there.This was the crash error screen on my notebookThis was the crash error screen on my notebook

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.