Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Wonderful; it works !! 8770W, WIN10 Prof !!

But the directory 481CCD48-45A4-4630-B505-4B5ACDF0177D might be different. Search in ...\Temp for "ShortcutPinning.ps1" and you will find the file.

Regards

RGausO

HP Recommended

Same error different problem.  

Even after deleting the file it still gave the error.

So I editted the script and it brought me in PowershellISE.  I tried running it and got an error that powershell scripts were not allowed to run on this machine and gave a link which brought me to this article: https://technet.microsoft.com/library/hh847748.aspx.

I used this command Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted and then the script ran ok.

All was well!

HP Recommended

Can't believe that actually worked. Nice one @relogin

Spent hours trying to uninstall the unecessary software.

HP Recommended

This is the solution everyone searching for and in this situation of inconvenience of both Microsoft and HP, it's a cure..... Thanks a lot. 

HP Recommended

try to keep in mind (perspectives)

MS does not fully support this laptop.!! a fact.

and

HP does not support fully this OS Windows 10.

those are facts.

so when it messes up, as in most cases it will, doing advanced features sets like THIS.

it's no surpise.

and when Uninstalling something , that too can messeup , after it's the wrong OS.

this feature is deeply embedded in to the OS, login controls, it's not trival at all. (read the registry entries and cry)

btw, it does work on mine,  if done right.  did it over 10 times. (on 7 systems)

best is to do a clean install of  w10. then installs this feature. (100x better to a new SSD !!!) <try it.

or

2nd best take a working lap top (LOL most are infected badly) then remove all these features, HP, secuity features

it's not easy , to do this, it can fail. and must be done, using HP instructions ,exaclty...

after all the #1 purpose of this package is to prevent , the person who stole your LT from doing this... think about that for one full minute. ahhhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,,

so best is back up data

clean 10install

then install only those things, HP that you really truely need. (after all most are not supported under 10)

what i run is

CSM and the hot key app., by HP, and nothing else.

only the finger swipe , nothing more..... or GOOD LUCK !

YMMV, (your monster my vary)

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended
Works
HP Recommended

Can't Thank You Enough@!

This worked like a charm... 🙂  Saved maaaaaany hours of my day reinstalling os.

Thanks!

🙂

HP Recommended

This is how I fixed it:  not being able or keen to find a newer version of the app, I reran the Control Panel uninstall - when a prompt comes up to continue (or other such question later in the uninstall), search in the folder mentioned above  ....Temp\{numbers here}\ for any *.ps1 files - once it appears (you will find this once, and then may need run the uninstall again and catch it later or earlier).

RIght click the offending ps1 file and it will open in the Script editor (notepad did not seem to be able to edit it), remove (delete all the content) below the comments, save the file and THEN let the unsinstall continue - this then bypasses the issue - usually it is just the removal of a shortcut - which doesn't matter. Job done.

I recived two further errors later in the process - which I ignored, but they didn't cause the rollback issue, and the laptop booted aga in fine after that.  Windows 10 Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393 April 7 2017  HP PRobook 450 G2 (upgraded in place form Win8 some time before)

Good luck

Giving back to the community 🙂

HP Recommended

I struggled to find the folder within Temp that Raidalg mentioned so his fix didn't work for me - what I had to do was actually get the newest version from the HP website and install that; this "upgraded" the older one and obviously corrected the file issue as I was able to instantly remove the program without issue... so if anybody is still seeing this issue try that in addition to Raidalg's fix.

HP Recommended

Even in 2019, that excellent solution is still helping people, thank you!  Like some others I had found the Powershell script ShortcutPinning.ps1, but didn't think of editing it after extraction.  Well done!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.