Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have read through numerous posts and questions regarding this issue with no found solution. My computer is relatively brand new and yet I cannot get it allow the screen to rotate. Not only does it not recognize when i fold my computer over but even when I manually go to press tablet mode i cannot press screen rotation. The screen rotation button in the action center is greyed out so I cannot press it at all.

I have tried:
Going through the control panel and selecting "Allow the screen to auto-rotate"

It automatically unselects it after a while and still won't rotate for the short time that it shows it is allowing it. (yes I hit Apply and OK)

Going through System Settings: The "Lock rotation of this display" is set to "on" and will not allow me to change it.

Going through regedit and setting the screen rotation to "1"

Updating and restarting the laptop. Including manually going through HP's website to update Intel's Virtual Button Driver and Graphics Driver.

Please help me find a proper solution, I have had an HP before but this laptop is completely ruining my experience with them.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @StuPC,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the screen rotation. I will be glad to help you.

Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please get back to me, so I can help you.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello,

My product number is M1V66UA#ABA and it has a 64-bit Windows 10 OS.

Thank you in advance for your help!

HP Recommended

Hi @StuPC,

Thanks for getting back to me.

To change your notebook to an entertainment stand, raise the display, and then rotate the display backward to a stand position (about 315 degrees).

Please refer to post fromMrstenter  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Envy-X360-Screen-not-rotating...

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Not to be rude, but if you read my post you would see that the whole point is that is not working. If I rotate it it just stays in computer/notebook mode. I can press the tablet mode in the action center, but the display will still not rotate. I can physical rotate my computer, the point is the screen (the picture) does not rotate. So if I were to "tent" my PC I'd be watching it upside down.

HP Recommended

Hi @StuPC,

Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi, did you ever get a reasonable response to your problem? My laptop starting doing the exact same thing about 3 days ago and I can't seem to get any help figuring out the problem! 

HP Recommended

Hey, I ended up contacting someone from HP through their chat help and I gave them remote access to see if they could fix it. Turns out they couldn't, so they are sending me a box to send my laptop in. 😕

HP Recommended

Hi! i have the same issue too and did whatever was advised on the forums. it's frustrating. I can't find the rotation settings anymore on my device. lost rotation.jpgno rotation.jpgI have the same product number too. Did HP fixed it? or did you  just return it and switched to a different model?

HP Recommended

OPEN REGEDIT AND GO TO HKLM/ SOFTWARE/ POLICIES/ MICROSOFT/ WINDOWS/ LOCATIONSAND SENSORS/ AND SET ALL TO 0 close editor and restart

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.