Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15

Sister gave me her laptop, it's a HP 15, I did a hard reset (deleted everything and reinstalled windows) and now on setup it either will freeze or load and say "just a moment" and won't go away, I get the furthest on the first time setting it up after reset, I get to update then it says just a moment or I'll press skip then agree and it just loads again, I have reset it multiple times and nothing is getting better!! please what do I do!? Nothing is plugged in other than the power cord

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have found this for you, 

I hope it helps? and its better explaining the install better than me tbh!

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/reinstall-windows-10-d8369486-3e33-7d9c-dccc-859e2b022fc...

Terran

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

HI,

Did you do the reset through windows itself or did you delete the partitions and reset the computer that way?   

HP Recommended

I reset through windows, I reset it awhile ago then just the other week opened it up and couldn't get through setup so I pressed f11 on startup and reset it through there 

HP Recommended

Hmmmm how strange, resetting a computer through windows itself is probably the safest way to do it. not many errors happen that way. Maybe reset it using a installation disk or usb flash drive? and delete the partitions, and do it that way? therefore its a  proper reset and a fresh install. Do you know how to do that? if not I can walk you through it? 

HP Recommended

No I do not know how, it would be amazing if you could walk me through it!!! 

HP Recommended

Yeah sure, Well first thing we need to do is have either a flash drive with a windows 10 installation on it iso, or a disk. do you have either of these? if not that's fine we can get one. Just hopefully you have a spare usb flash drive? with at least 4gb available space? Also do need your windows 10 registration key. if you know what that is? so we can activate your windows as soon as install is complete.

Terran. 

HP Recommended

Oh sorry I just re read one of your messages and  missed out some information. When you say you started up the pc and pressed f11 and reset it through there, can you explain to me what you actually did there?

HP Recommended

As soon as screen turns on I press f11 until the screen in the picture shows up, I then go to troubleshoot, reset this pc, then remove everything

image.jpgI do not know the activation key for window unfortunately as the laptop had it on it when my sister got it and doubt she would save it if it came with it is there a way around this? or to find it out? 

HP Recommended

Well the picture isn't working. After I press f11 at startup a menu appears and says choose an option, the options are 1. Continue 2. Use a device 3. Troubleshoot 4. Turn off pc 

HP Recommended

Well for the Activation key, there could be a sticker of some sort on the left or right of the mouse pad saving the windows and then key, or under the laptop there should be a sticker saying the windows and key.#

I am very new to this, but do have a good knowledge of computers etc. But this issue your experiencing could be a corrupt windows file or something. causing this but I could be wrong. So you have reset the pc using this reset software? and still the issue persists? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.