Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

i cant open my hp simple pass

i have dv6 6119tx

i have recently updated driver and software.

but still i cant get into it..

please help!

HP Recommended

Mi simple pass no funciona quiciera saber que puedo hacer para que se active de nuevo porque no prende la luz ni hace nada

HP Recommended

There is some problem with the link to download simple pass 2012 and even the link at the bottom did not work

HP Recommended

my laptop came with simple pass 2012. once we hit the wrong buttom, do not show or ask anymore, and that was the end. it did not work since then no matter what we did. I was adviced to delite it and reinstall. did that too, with reinstall simple pass 2011 came but still it is not promting to give in a password. when I hit 'restore default' I get an error message. I saw someone was helped by reboting windows, I do not even know how to do that.

please be very explicit in your answers as I am realy not very good at this

HP Recommended
I would recommend taking a look at this document: http://goo.gl/REe5E
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

thanks for your response but no it does not solve the problem. to log into windows is no problem, I am promped for my finger. it is later, on the sites where a login and password is required, not simple pass nor windows are offering to remember my logins, i have to put them in manualy each time again!

HP Recommended
What model of notebook are you using and what operating system is installed?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

hp pavillon dv7 windows 7

meanwhile my problem is solved. I called HP and they solved it. fist they did some chages in the computer then deleted simple pass. afterwoods reinstalled it from the recovery manager. It works now, but I need to save all the passwords and logins again.

thanks for trying to help

keep up the good work

HP Recommended

I had the same problem with SimplePass 2011 failing to work after a few months. The error message I received was that the sensor was not plugged in. I tried the suggested reinstallation of the Validity Sensor Driver and this solved the problem.

HP Recommended

i have a hp dv7 and i have been using my simple pass 2011 fringer print reader to log into all of my password protected web sites. but now it does not work. window says that it is working properly, also when i go into the grid or dock view all of my websites passwords and  user names are still in the program. so i know they are not deleted. also i have went to settings and for website logon and quicklauch are checked. but when i go to a website that needs username and password. it does not even pop up for me to swip my  finger to save or load old or new sites. i would like to know how to get the pop up back that tells me to swip finger to savenew logon information and i want it to pop up and let me log in to sites that i have already saved login info to. please help this is becomeing a real problem for me

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.