Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HP. I want to like you and I want you to be successful and have loyal customers. Here's a tip. This is going to blow up in your faces if you do not get ahead of this. Whoever works with HP and is reading this thread needs to take this where it needs to go now.

YOU HAVE A PROBLEM. THE PROBLEM IS IN THE BIOS FOR YOUR LAPTOP.

Please stop giving people the runaround about this and get an actual firmware engineer to take a look. Not level 1, level 2, or level 3 tech support.

Yours truly,

A concerned customer.

HP Recommended

Recieved this back overnight UK time: Have tried again via the Win Update tool as suggested and after running the tool straight after the message 'Your PC is compatible i get the message saying 'Something went wrong'. I'm assuming this is because the update tool is scanning hardware indepth prior to actually starting the 1809 download and finding compatability issues on untested hardware.

Hello zorch1t,

Thank you for that information. After partnering with senior technician it was suggested that a Windows update is performed as the update is still pushing and no ETA is provided. 

You can run Windows 10 October 2018 Update tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Click the update now button.

If the hardware passed the test then will be able to download and install new 1809 update.

Microsoft still recommended users to use Windows Update feature because Microsoft is testing hardware for max compatibility.

Please keep me posted on the results!

Best,

TrinitySoMe
Executive Escalations
Social Media Ambassador
CS Americas
HP Inc. 
Palo Alto
CA
USA

HP Recommended

As a side note: When going into the Win Update install history i am seeing the 1809 update failure message of '0xc1900101'. Searching wider with this error message on the MSFT and other forums quite a few people are saying this could be down to the following:

1) Intel HD Graphics 630 driver / firmware issues

2) Radeon Vega driver issues or

3) Samsung SSD driver issues.

One thing i was advised to do was go into c://Windows/Panther directory and look at the Setuperr.log file. Mine was showing the update might have failed due to a missing file. I have no idea what the file was but thought i would throw this into the mix all the same in the hope one of us actually get's this **bleep** 1809 update installed one day. I still firmly believe the issues lies at HP's doorstep as the onus is on them to fix THEIR Spectre x360's which we all paid a lot of money for. I have also further installed the Intel Device Update assistant as another last resort. 

If we keep the pressure on HP we might all actually get there. It must be obvious to HP this is not just a lone issue with one PC. It would be nice if they could just acknowledge the issue even if it's to say we are working on a fix but it won't be ready until say March...at least then we know a resolution is coming and roughly when. 

My daily routine is to now switch on, run the Intel driver update assistant, then go into Device manager and manually try and update the firmware, display drivers and the Samsund storage drivers and then run Win Update in the vain hope a miracle has happened overnight.

HP Recommended

It's crazy, itsn't it. These are their "premium" laptops. If we had a hardware fault, they're a straight swap, no repairs (well in Australia anyway).

Yet when there is clearly a software issue ours are not fixed. $3,500 AUD for the Spectre, but if I'd spent $600 on a 250 G6 I'd have the update.

15-CH002TX

HP Recommended

@dirtysoc wrote:

HP. I want to like you and I want you to be successful and have loyal customers. Here's a tip. This is going to blow up in your faces if you do not get ahead of this. Whoever works with HP and is reading this thread needs to take this where it needs to go now.

YOU HAVE A PROBLEM. THE PROBLEM IS IN THE BIOS FOR YOUR LAPTOP.

Please stop giving people the runaround about this and get an actual firmware engineer to take a look. Not level 1, level 2, or level 3 tech support.

Yours truly,

A concerned customer.

Dirtysoc, perfect words. Thank you. 

HP Recommended

It's not SSD troubles. I have Toshiba and same problem with update. So you can stop checcking SSD firmware at least 🙂

HP Recommended

What about with a 1TB Samsung SSD? Heard it could be down to that but i'm not ruling out anything at thos point, but hearing you're having the same with a Toshiba does tend to point away from a SSD issue.

Thanks and i'm sure we'll find out in the future what it actually is.

HP Recommended

I'm betting its something with HP BIOS or the intel ucode since these were some of the first laptops to have intel+vega embedded graphics.

HP Recommended

It will probably turn out in the end that all this was because i put on the wrong socks this morning. 🙂
laugh or we'll go mad....

HP Recommended

@HP: It's realy easy to reproduce the problem. Take a Spectre an install W10 1809. In such a large company there will be someone who can do this. If no we will help you, :HalfEyes:

I think we consumers are just fooled.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.