Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Yes, insider 18309 seems ok. But like dubfather mentioned before, the night light modus doesn't work in this build. Maybe next week then.

HP Recommended

Same problem as everyone here with Windows 1809 Update on HP Spectre x360 15-ch032 with i7 8705G with Vega M GL graphic..

Tried windows update and media creation toolkit, everytime few seconds after restart freeze at hp-bootscreen with dots in circle... bluescreen "driver_pnp_watchdog". Updated and downgraded drivers, disabled radeon, intel bluetooth and intel wifi 8265ac but at restart everytime this freeze. Today contacted HP Support in Germany and they were already knowing about the issue.. and thats for the prize of 1600€, i will think of ever buying an hp premium laptop again 😕

Still hoping for a solution...

HP Recommended

I think I will return my x360 Spectre to HP, this is definitely issue covered by warranty, so they have to return me money and I will buy Dell XPS probably....

HP Recommended

I think that it will not be really easy to give the Laptop back. 

They will say there is no need to update. Is working on 1803 so there is no issue.

But i have the same problems. In the meantime Windows update showed up by itself and now it is installing this update at every restart. Acer and Asus had the same problems but they were able to fix it already by BIOS update.

This is a known issue since the insider and it´s a shame that HP is not able or nor willing to fix this since 6 months. We talk about an premium Laptop for 2000€ and not about a cheap device so this is unbelievable.

HP Recommended

It should not be problem to return laptop to HP - at least here in Czech republic, we have a warranty law here and if any issue repeats for 3 times HP have to take laptop back and return money - and it is easy way:

I'm on 1803, WU force me 1809 automatically - laptop hangs - I will send it to HP, they will install 1803, after sometime WU again install 1809 I will send it to HP once again, they will install 1803..... in third attempt they have to return me a money...

HP Recommended

Just wondering if anyone on this thread has used the Intel Driver Support Assistant to update their drivers. I downloaded the IDA today and it showed an updated Radeon Vega driver along with a wifi driver update and bluetooth driver update.   Just wondering what kind of issues I may experience by using those as I believe they are generic in nature. They probably are DCH though.

HP Spectre x360 convertible - 15t-ch000 CTO, product 2FW62AV. Intel (Kaby Lake H) i7-8705G (3.1 - 4.1 GHz, 8MB Cache, 4 Core, + Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics (4GB GDDR)16 GB DDRS-2400 SDRAM , 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD (Toshiba), 15.6 4K IPS, Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo. Windows 10 Pro
HP Recommended

Yes DennyC. 

I had been using the Intel assistant and it installed the DCH driver 6371 (from memory) then  I removed it and went back to no driver at all, after it still had the same affect of dying during the 1809 upgrade and reverting to previous version 1803.

then after removing totally the DCH driver as per intel saying there was a problem with certain drivers, i did a windows update, where it installed a different driver, standard type i believe, then tried the update again to no avail. total waste of time until microsoft remove the block and actually fix the damm problem.

Not happy with the expensive x360 HP 13-ac053 unit that costs an arm and a leg with failing updates and nothing appears to be happening unless you consider waiting till the 1903 update where i may still not be fixed. I like the idea of returning the laptop for a different one until they can get their sh!t together. 

Nothing I have tried, and i have spent hours and hours trying to resolve with no luck. 

I am he as you are he and we are all together!
HP Recommended

I've been contacted by HP support:

Try to reset the unit back to the original factory build post which attempt to manually update to 1809. If the issue still persists please capture pictures of the error and IDR log

Ak by to nepomohlo kolega potrebuje IDR log:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/idr/ImageDiags2/

Could anyone send me those logs of unsucessful attempt of ugprade to 1809? Will send it to HP.

Many thanks Jiri

HP Recommended

It apears that none of the Intel i5 or i7 chips with the Radeon RX Vega GPUs will update to 1809. So it is not just the Spectre x360.

I have done the same troubleshooting in safe mode, msconfig selective startup, tried to force the regedit, etc., rinse and repeat and like the rest of you with the i7-8705G Processor with Radeon RX Vega M on the Spectre x360 have been unsuccesful at the 1809 October release of Windows 10.

Unfortunately, from all I have found is that the Intel DCH driver does not support the Update for Windows 1809 for the "...following intel i5 i7 8th generation radeon vega RX GL GH graphics cards are not supported:"
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-released-stable-graphics-driver/77033b3e...

Windows updater did load this new 12/20/2018 driver...

So this is up to Intel and AMD to resolve, and they have not done so as of yet.

I laugh at myself, because all my other Windows 10 computers in the house have the Dark Theme File Explorer, and that's all I want with the 1809 update...

Vic
HP Recommended

I’m in the same boat here. Wanted to simply update my HP Spectre x360 15-ch0xx. I was actually talking to Microsoft, as I couldn’t get my Xbox one controller to be recognized by the Spectre via Bluetooth. And since I spent so much money on this laptop, as did everyone else, I wanted to be able to use all the features. 

First thing they told me is to do Windows update. I was taken back, because when I purchased the laptop I had set Windows Updates to automatic. But when I searched for updates using the Window Update window in settings, it immediately prompted me to update. 

Unfortunately, I am not as savvy as some others on this forum. So I don’t know a lot about BIOS settings, disabling Radeon drivers, and some other things I’ve read. But when my older Acer Desktop updated just fine, and my Spectre didn’t, I knew I had to go looking. Seems that I’ve found this thread along with all the same issues. 

Thankfully after my Spectre was stuck at the HP loading screen with dots frozen after install of 1809, I held the power button and restarted it. It must have reverted back to 1803. 

It’s telling me in Update history:

2018-10 update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64 based Systems installed successfully 

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 successfully installed

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 (2) Last failed install attempt on 1/10/2019 - 0xc1900101

is this what everyone is talking about? Also, I notice a HUGE lag in starting up the computer now from the HP startup logo with circles. I’m hoping they can either fix the 1809 update, or the next update won’t have an issue. 

Should I stay with current 1803, or downgrade to something more reliable and secure? Again, I’m savvy enough to be dangerous, but want something I can rely on for work and maintain our “premium” laptop features. 

Thanks all!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.