Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I can testify to the fact that the new F.25 BIOS fixes the problem.  After flashing the BIOS, I used the Media Creation Tool to update and my HP Spectre is a happy lappy.  Running great on 1809.  Thank you, HP for making it happen.

HP Spectre x360 convertible - 15t-ch000 CTO, product 2FW62AV. Intel (Kaby Lake H) i7-8705G (3.1 - 4.1 GHz, 8MB Cache, 4 Core, + Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics (4GB GDDR)16 GB DDRS-2400 SDRAM , 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD (Toshiba), 15.6 4K IPS, Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo. Windows 10 Pro
HP Recommended

Looks like this is a done deal.  It's been very nice talking to most of you and I hope we don't meet here again for the next update!  Just kidding, I updated to 19H1.next a little while ago and that seems to be working great as well.  Thank you HP!

Best wishes to everyone!  

HP Recommended

Also on 1809 now - but still wondering if or when any new drivers (especially for AMD/INTEL graphics) will appear. Will this take another five months?

BTW: what's the HP Support Assistant good for when BIOS, drivers have to be manually downloaded from HP's site?

HP Recommended

Updated to 1809 like everyone else now but couldn't run the media creation tool on my Spectre had to run it on my old Toshiba laptop.

Thanks to all for the support through this fiasco, especially the clever techy people on this forum.

Cheers.

HP Recommended

Good to see some progress on a bios update that works with 1809, considering its nearly due for another 1903 update! 

However that appears to be one series out of many that can now work, Good work HP.

No sign of any bios update on other x360 series. So the rest are stuck on 1803.

So mych for Windows as a servi ce. 

13-ac053tu unit.

I am he as you are he and we are all together!
HP Recommended

I downloaded and installed the F.25 Rev A BIOS and now I'm getting nothing but bluescreen stopcodes. Sometimes it boots to the desktop most of the time not. I tried the BIOS update via the USB repair option but it doesn't boot to the USB stick. Any ideas? In the BIOS options (when I can get to it) I have it selected as the first boot option.

HP Recommended

Not 100% sure of the answer, but when you boot normally into Windows have you tried to flash the BIOS again incase there was a glitch on the first install that is giving you these problems now?

HP Recommended

@zorch1t wrote:

Not 100% sure of the answer, but when you boot normally into Windows have you tried to flash the BIOS again incase there was a glitch on the first install that is giving you these problems now?

Thanks, but I can't get to the Windows desktop. Not for more than maybe a minute tops.

I did manage to finally reinstall the BIOS from USB. Same problems however. I'll have to revert back to the old one I suppose. Wondering if anyone else had has these issues with F.25A

HP Recommended

Petteriusa - Your situation almost sounds like a wrong BIOS was installed.  My first question would be where did you download your BIOS from.  Did the HPSA retrieve it for you or did you go to the hp.com website?  If you went to the website, did you use the correct serial number and product number of your laptop?   I've never had an issue updating the BIOS on my various machines, but I've heard some horror stories and I don't take updating the BIOS lightly.  I've also never used a USB device for the update either.  I've made sure I've got a clean boot, download the  BIOS softpaq and install manually from the downloads folder.

Sorry to hear your situation and I truly hope you come out of OK.

HP Spectre x360 convertible - 15t-ch000 CTO, product 2FW62AV. Intel (Kaby Lake H) i7-8705G (3.1 - 4.1 GHz, 8MB Cache, 4 Core, + Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics (4GB GDDR)16 GB DDRS-2400 SDRAM , 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD (Toshiba), 15.6 4K IPS, Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo. Windows 10 Pro
HP Recommended

@DennyC wrote:

Petteriusa - Your situation almost sounds like a wrong BIOS was installed.  My first question would be where did you download your BIOS from.  Did the HPSA retrieve it for you or did you go to the hp.com website?  If you went to the website, did you use the correct serial number and product number of your laptop?  SNIP

Sorry to hear your situation and I truly hope you come out of OK.

Thanks. For the original update. I used the HP Support website and used the auto-detect. For the USB since the computer is bricked I used the website and entered in the product ID. I'll try today to revert to an older BIOS. If that fails it may be time to start from a clean restore.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.