Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-4195dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just recently bought the new Spectre x360 Copper edition a week ago. Twice now while using it I have had the screen go black and the computer randomly go to sleep. This has happened during average use and the computer never felt like it was overheating. Does anyone possibly know why or how to fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Spandres,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide:

Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that  while using your notebook normally twice now the screen went blank and went into sleep mode.

If did not feel like it was overheating.

Do you have your screen saver set to blank?  If so try changing it to none.

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Here are two links that should help:

Power Options

HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 😎

Please let me know the outcome.

Good Luck!

happy holidays.jpg

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
@Spandres, I have been having this problem recently too. Another user reported that the issue went away after reformatting windows, can't remember the thread. I have not tried this, nor do I want to at the moment.

It seems to occur randomly; I have not pinpointed an application, temperature, hand position, laptop position or other magical cause yet, nor can I replicate it on demand. Do you use a stylus with yours?

A very frustrating little issue, to go with multiple other major issues I have had. The reformat option has some merit, since it does it for me still, even though the motherboard has previously been replaced (the hard drive was not reset).
HP Recommended

I will look into to doing that, I still have not found a fix, it seems to happen once a week though.

@sparkles1. My screensaver was already set to none.

HP Recommended
I have noticed that i am having the same random sleep issues on my Spectre x360 it is the Rose Gold I7 skylake version.
I read in another forum that the culprit is the geaphics drivers.. but there does seem to be a way to roll that back without restoring or resetting...
A bit frustrating because it seems to be quite random as to when it occurs..
Hopefully someone will have an easier fix then a reatore or windows reset..
HP Recommended

Hi @mrjubei,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy: 

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide:

Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you notebook will randomly  go into sleep mode.

Have  you done all your Windows updates?

Here is a link to Open the Windows Update troubleshooter that may help find additional drivers.   Although it lists Windows 7 it does work in Windows 10.

Once launched, it should show a screen like this.

windows updater.png

Use the second option "Background Intelligent Transfer Service", it should lead to a force update of 'Windows Updates' that may not be automatically being applied that could fix some of these issues.

Have you ran the HP Support Assistant?

Have you ran the Windows troubleshooter?

Here is a link to HP PCs - Error: Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered (Windows 10, 8, 7) that may also help.

Have you checked for viruses and malware?   MS Malicious Software Removal Tool

Please let me know the outcome.

To say thanks for replying please click the thumbs up icon below.

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

This keeps happening to me as well.  Followed suggestion to check for Windows updates, and even though I am set up to receive them automatically, when I checked for updates manually there was one available:

2017-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4020102). 

It is currently downloading; hopefully it will stop the problem... 

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.