Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mezize
2 2 0 1
Message 11 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 13-inch (2017) heat problems/fan noise

I returned the one with heating problem to Best Buy and got a new one, no problem with new one!

If you still have time to return it, go ahead and do that for sure!

0 Kudos
thga
2 1 0 0
Message 12 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

same issues here! fan constant and battery life horrible! I have not seen anything like this in the reviews...which I doggedly read before buying this laptop! I am now regretting chosing this over the Dell. what is wrong with HP!? These are supposed to be premium laptops! Not like this is the first version for them to fix this issue!

0 Kudos
young8465
2 1 0 1
Message 13 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I bought new one, and this new one has noise and heat problem. Your intstruction is too complicated. I regret to choose hp

DavidL93
Level 1
1 1 0 3
Message 14 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How I wish I had seen this thread before I commited to a £1500 purchase! I've had my Spectre for 7 days now and all of sudden I noted the fan was extremely loud and nearly gave me 3rd degree burns on my  thighs!

I have also updated the BIOS, Chipsets etc etc... but for anybody reading this I wouldn't waste your time. I'd recommend returning your laptop if you have the option and choosing a different brand.

I gave HP chance as the Spectre looks sleek and stylish and has a great spec.

Unfortunately I will be returning my spectre to the retailer and probably move over to a Dell XPS.

HP should probably stop manufacturing these laptops until they've identfied the root cause to the fan issue and ultimately stop mugging off their customers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation