Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre 13-3001 Ultrabook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On my HP Spectre 13-3001 with Windows 10 (64 bit) installed (Product # F2P12AS#ABA), waking from sleep takes SEVERAL MINUTES before the system is usable.  All open applications are closed once it does become usable and I have to open them each again.  However the clock is correct.

In Device Manager, "Intel Management Engine Interface" (MEI) has a yellow exclamation mark icon by it.

Device Status:  "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

I have updated all drivers from the HP support page for this specific laptop including the MEI driver, however that did not fix it.

I have also tried enabling and disabling "Turn on fast startup" within Power Options, but that did not fix it either.

Could it be that my CMOS battery is dead or about to die?

If so where is the CMOS battery?  I have removed the case, removed the large battery, and can see the motherboard, but do not see the usual CMOS battery in my HP Spectre 13-3001 laptop.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@mrmartymar

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @echo_lake,

I have already installed the F.16 BIOS, but it did not resolve the issue of extremely slow wake from sleep and the fact that once it does wake, all apps are closed like it crashed and restarted.

Other drivers I recently updated from the HP support page specifically for my Spectre 13 were:

audio, chipset, rapid storage, rapid start, smart connect.

It was slow to wake before installing those drivers and installing them didn't have an affect.

Please advise any additional steps.

I have opened up the bottom case to see if it is a dead CMOS battery, but I could not find the CMOS battery.  

I know from taking apart desktop PC's that the CMOS is usually a large circular shiny metal battery, so it should be easy to spot, but I am not seeing it in this HP Spectre 13 ultrabook.

HP Recommended

@mrmartymar

Thank you for posting back. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Your link takes me to a page that links back here to "Visit the HP Support Community"

Does that link only allow me to contact your Support Engineers if my laptop is still under warranty?

HP Recommended

@mrmartymar

Thank you for posting back.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Your connection takes me to a page that connections back here to "Visit the HP Support Community"

Does that interface possibly permit me to contact your Support Engineers if my PC is as yet under guarantee?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.