cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

How to Replace CMOS/RTC Battery to fix Slow Wake from Sleep

HP Recommended
Spectre 13-3001 Ultrabook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On my HP Spectre 13-3001 with Windows 10 (64 bit) installed (Product # F2P12AS#ABA), waking from sleep takes SEVERAL MINUTES before the system is usable.  All open applications are closed once it does become usable and I have to open them each again.  However the clock is correct.

In Device Manager, "Intel Management Engine Interface" (MEI) has a yellow exclamation mark icon by it.

Device Status:  "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

I have updated all drivers from the HP support page for this specific laptop including the MEI driver, however that did not fix it.

I have also tried enabling and disabling "Turn on fast startup" within Power Options, but that did not fix it either.

Could it be that my CMOS battery is dead or about to die?

If so where is the CMOS battery?  I have removed the case, removed the large battery, and can see the motherboard, but do not see the usual CMOS battery in my HP Spectre 13-3001 laptop.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,857 19,816 869 924
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mrmartymar

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation