Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-da0028tu

I want to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11. So I want to enable TPM 2.0. But when I get-tpm in PowerShell, the TpmPresent is false, is it mean that my PC doesn't have TPM and I can't upgrade to Windows 11?

1.png

This is how it looks when goes to BIOS;

IMG_20221128_080421.jpg

product: HP Notebook - 15-da0028tu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I would say that it does not have a TPM chip.

Did you look in the System Configuration menu for the setting?

Sometimes it is located there in some PC's.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Some notebooks come with the feature, and some don't.

See if there is a setting in the BIOS's security menu to enable the TPM security device.

On many notebooks that may have a TPM security chip the enable TPM setting is disabled in the BIOS by default.

If there isn't a setting to enable the TPM...If you are interested in installing W11 on your PC as is, you can read this discussion for how I upgraded several HP and Dell notebook and desktop PC's that did not meet the W11 hardware requirements to W11.

Re: Issues upgrading to windows 11 - HP Support Community - 8517912

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I can't find a setting in the BIOS's security menu to enable the TPM, as shown in the second image in my very first question. So is that mean my laptop does not have TPM? How do I confirm, have TPM or not?

product: HP Notebook - 15-da0028tu

serial number - [Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I would say that it does not have a TPM chip.

Did you look in the System Configuration menu for the setting?

Sometimes it is located there in some PC's.

HP Recommended

Yes looked, no setting to enable TPM in the System Configuration menu also 😞

HP Recommended

That's surprising and unfortunate, but if you want to upgrade to W11, just read the easy way I did it in that discussion I posted the other day.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.