Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
omen 17 w109ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hallo,

my laptop keep rebooting it self randomly when i am playing heavy game(Black desert online; after loading screen to get into the game. PUBG ; randomly while playing) . i had this problem actually last month after update from windows system. i had checked the hardware are fine.  and then suddenly the problem was disappear. now after i updated new driver nvidia , the same problem come again. And its only rebooting when the charger plugged in. it said , occur of kernel power 41 error on system. 

does it mean i need to replace the charger adaptor? 

when i unchecked the auto restart , the screen just went blank any color while on pubg or bdo. 

28 REPLIES 28
HP Recommended

Hallo @Pinkbananas  Herzlich willkommen!

Based on your description and on the symptons this is not a hardware issue, not a power issue since it reboots (restarts), it does not power off. This looks like a software issue.

It may be a Windows issue but you mentioned you updated the drivers - Can you revert back the old ones ?

Was there any specific reason you updated them ?

Try to uninstall all NVidia drivers (instructions here >> https://www.wikihow.com/Uninstall-Nvidia-Drivers)

Do not mess with the Windows Registry, try all other steps

Reboot and leave Windows 10 install drivers it finds best suit your PC

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

yeah i think so too, cause it happens everytimes soemthing was updated.  i have checked hardware  ram, cpu etc incase something wrong.i think,  all are fine , but i havent check my psu output power cause i dont have voltmeter or another charger to test out.

i have tried to reinstall the old gpu and windows reset, but unfortunatly it still rebooting too. i usually uninstall the driver with ddu app. I might try the way you suggested it maybe it is cleaner. 

HP Recommended

Yes, try these steps, too.

Do not reinstall NVidia driver from their web site so far, just use some proposed by Windows or Windows Updates, to see how it goes

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

thanks for suggestion , but unfortunately its still the same. reboot after loading screen 

will it damage the hardware if it keep suddenly reebot? i might try old nvdia driver and find which is compatible

HP Recommended

Can you provide a log file for me ?

Download and run the free Speccy  > http://www.piriform.com/speccy

Install and run the app

When it is ready, click on File > Save a snapshot

A file with .speccy extension will be generated. Please, upload it somewhere (e.g. in your Google Drive, Dropbox, ICloud or OneDrive storage) and give me URL to download/see

• With regards to one of your comments earlier/above - have you reinstall Windows completely or you just reset it with keeping files ?
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LVbUiuc__xGSeG4bw8HzJ-b9vjIOl86i/view?usp=sharing

the first was summary only , here is for couple snap shot

HP Recommended

Hello @Pinkbananas 

Thank you for the logs . Based on them I can see your PC now runs with older version of the drivers (v23) but previously there were attempts to update to version 24. So, with the older version you still experience issues ?

There is no risk for the hardware itself due to sudden reboots - there is a small risk for the operating systems if it begins happening way too often.

If you still face the issue with the older version:

• let me know if it reboots with no error at all (just like that) or it reboots with a blue screen of death (BSOD blue screen) like this
  • Can you go to This PC (My Computer/Windows Explorer), navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump\
  • Do you see files inside this folder ?  If you do, please upload them to GDrive and give them to me

HP Recommended

Did u meant the disyplay`s driver? I try to find the competable one with 4 last driver. But now the laptop still reboot it self.  It's not blue screen. If I turn off the auto restart it will just go blank any color on screen when the system fail. And I can only restart the laptop with power Button if it happen.

But if it's software failure, would it be fixed if I completely reset the windows? Because everythings were erased, I am not sure maybe there are still couple files behind 

i didnt find minidump files on c:windows

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.