Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

My laptop model no is HP Pavillion dv6 1337tx. My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit. So today I shut my laptop down forcibly pressing the power button as it was not responding for that time. So the next time I switched it on this erroneous problem started. Everytime I switched it on the HP logo comes and then the Windows logo also comes. But then the screen stays black and only the mouse cursor is seen. So what can be the cause of this problem? I also tried to open with "safe mode" and "safe mode with command prompt", but they did not help either.

Note- I already tried the discharging method after taking off the battery and holding down the power button. It could not help. All LED's are working fine. I have no extra monitor, so I cannot check the display elsewhere. Also I ran all the memory tests which shown everything is fine. Please suggest what can I do now as I cannot enter the laptop now. What can be the reason?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

i have window 7 64 bit laptap. acts like it is going to boot up, goes through hp logo and windows logo and then to a blank screen and cursor. i tried my original recovery disc and one i got that was recommended by this forum. no luck. any suggestions? thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi gilmer, welcome to the HP Forums. Based on your other post on this topic, I know you have a G6 running Windows 7x64. I will use the "HP Pavilion g6-1a69us" as a reference model, without knowing your exact model number.

"laptop doesnt boot up:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/laptop-doesnt-boot-up/m-p/3293183#M47583...

This document lists a variety of symptoms, pick the one that most closely resembles your symptoms and follow those steps.
Computer Does not Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP):
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443371

If you require assistance in the future, this document will help you find your G6's model number.
<How Do I Find My Notebook Model Number>: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

i have the same problem after i choose the option "update and shutdown". Further inf: i choose that option and let my notebook do it, then after 3 hours, i turn my laptop on, then it happen just like the topic say, only the screen flashing repeatly.

My notebook is Pavilion M4-1001TX, windows 8 64bit premium, serial "[Personal Information Removed]", PRODUCT NO. "D7N95PA#UUF". 

I dont even know that update windows will cause this anoying problem, so bravo to the microsoft clap clap.

I have some important files that i dont wanna lose them, can anyone fix it or have any idea please :((

HP Recommended
I put in the rescue cd which i already had but nothing happened... the screen still stayed black with only the cursor being visible. how do i click repair computer and so on... there is nothing happening. How do i give it commands? Shouldn't it load the cd and show out something??
HP Recommended

Insert the Rescue CD and restart your laptop. Immediately after starting up- tap the Esc key, then at the menu tap F9 Boot Options. Use the arrow key to move down and highlight CD/DVD drive, then tap Enter key.

HP Recommended

Will using the rescue CD wipe out my files?

HP Recommended

@pianogma 

You should not lose files following the instructions for the process. Of course, there is always a slight risk with anything.

HP Recommended
My hp pavilion touchpad not working ..what can i do right now ??
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.