Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 440 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Probook 440 G7 has been stolen . What can i do to find or locate my device ? I had logged in Microsoft account in my device ?131292159_822367151895792_515055255170586008_n.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Nazmul_soykot 

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Please, check this TKB article and follow the steps >> https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/I-lost-my-HP-computer-Can-HP-help-me-find-or-...

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

If i cant locate or find my device , then i want to block my device so that no one can use it , what's the process ???

HP Recommended

Hello,

In order to block something, you will first need to locate it, a.k.a. it needs to be online and special software on this computer should exist. The fact that you ask about this means to me that you do not have such a software on the computer. Therefore, it is not possible.

There is not much you can do now - the best way to avoid this situation is to take precautions ahead of time (before this happens)  - use full disk encryption, use HP DriveLock technology or use file/folder encryption to keep your data safe, use HP security technologies. These must have been activated before, they cannot be activated now.

Windows 10 might have some tracking functions but these should have been activated before and would only work if the potential thief is dumb enough to not take actions to avoid this.

Please, read the article again. Change your passwords for most important online accounts. Inform the local authorities and check if they can help.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.