Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 840 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

i got a banch of news Laptops 840G7,

After the installation of our Windows OS,

i get a warning on each PC from Sure Start Recovery

HP Sure Start detected an unauthorized intrusion to the HP runtime system firmware executing out of main memory.

This could be an indication of an attempted attack on runtime firmware executing from main memory.

The repeated occurrence of this problem indicates a security concern that should be not ignored.

See the HP Start events in the Windows Event Log for more details about each HP Sure Start event.

For more informa...blablabla

The BIOS is up to date 01.03.02 Rev.A

I tried the old version of the bios, still the issue...

There is no log about HP Sure Start in Windows Event

If i reboot the PC i don't get the issue, but if i stop the PC then start it, i get it every time.

I deactivated HP Sure Start detected an unauthorized intrusion, but if i do this, the PC doesn't want to stop.(Black screen and frozen)

Anyone already got this issue ?

Any idea ?

Thx for reading

Cheers,

Thibaud

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

We are seeing this same message at boot on ZBook Studio G7 laptops

All BIOS, Firmware, and drivers are up to date

Using Windows Enterprise LTSC v1809

No solution as of yet.

HP Recommended

Are you using Windows Pro or Enterprise?

HP Recommended

Hello,

yes it's a Windows enterprise too ...

I spoke with people from my office, and look like there is not a lot to do...

Waiting for an answer from HP

Maybe need a new update for the BIOS ?

I tried to deactivated the modul "HP Sure Start detected an unauthorized intrusion" in the BIOS.

After that, you don't get the warning but if you try to shutdown the PC, this one start to stop, you get a black screen but it never stop completly and look lock...

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the same problem with a ZBook Firefly 14 G7 and Windows 10 Pro.

No solution?

HP Recommended

What I found in our case is that the computer was initially imaged with incorrect drivers.

I reset BIOS to Factory Default

Then re-imaged the system, offline, using Easy2Boot USB and Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 1809 (setup for UEFI booting from USB)

I then used the appropriate driver pack from http://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HP_Driverpack_Matrix_x64.html

I then used HP's from https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html and used that to get all of the latest drivers and firmware installed.

The Sure Start error along with the issues we had with the computer not powering off all the way when using "Shut down" from the Start menu are gone.

This computer has been in use now for about two weeks with absolutely no issues

HP Recommended

Morning,

I not longer have the error too for my EliteBook 840G7

To update Windows, we usually used our own Windows Update server. but since a week, it's possible to do some updates from the original Microsoft Update server and my PCs did drivers upgrades.(Different version then HP support drivers)
So, i don't know why, and it's only on my G7, i got a new blue line who said ""Search for update from Microsoft Update"".
After those updates, the Bios on my G7 got a new version,( a different one then the HP drivers website)

No issue since.

Cheers,

Thibaud

HP Recommended

Hi Thibaudck

We have the same issue on our EB 840 G7.

Could you please do me a favor and check to which version the BIOS has been upgraded now? 

Where there maybe also other drivers downloaded? Maybe you can see this in the update history.

Cheers

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sure, but i can't do that today (telework)
I am going back to the office Monday, i will take a look .

Cheers

HP Recommended

Thank you. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.