Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Morning, 

I uninstalled the software for the integrated webcam on my HP Pavillion laptop  (CyberLink WebCam), which initially seemed to be fine, but after a reboot I get the HP logo, and then the blue 'choose option' screen.  None of the options work.  System recovery and System restore do nothing, and I don't have a 'start-up' settings option.   I can't get the machine to boot in safe mode either.  I'm stuck in a loop and not sure what to do with it. 

How could uninstalling the webcam cause this problem? and how on earth do i fix it. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi,
You need to recover your system manually follow these steps.
1: shut down your notebook.
2: press f11 repeatedly as soon as you press the power button.
3: select troubleshoot
4: select advanced options then select startup repair follow on screen instructions.
If this doesn't work then repeat first three steps then.

4: select refresh your PC option.
5: select keep my personal files.(options may vary depending on Windows edition)
6: follow on screen instructions.

This still problem isn't solved then you need to reinstall Windows manually. On other PC download Windows 10 iso and create bootable USB/DVD (prefer DVD) insert this bootable USB/DVD to your detective notebook and reinstall Windows 10.
Here is detailed guide.
https://techsimplifier.blogspot.in/2017/08/how-to-install-windows-what-is-clean.html?m=1

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
Hi,
You need to recover your system manually follow these steps.
1: shut down your notebook.
2: press f11 repeatedly as soon as you press the power button.
3: select troubleshoot
4: select advanced options then select startup repair follow on screen instructions.
If this doesn't work then repeat first three steps then.

4: select refresh your PC option.
5: select keep my personal files.(options may vary depending on Windows edition)
6: follow on screen instructions.

This still problem isn't solved then you need to reinstall Windows manually. On other PC download Windows 10 iso and create bootable USB/DVD (prefer DVD) insert this bootable USB/DVD to your detective notebook and reinstall Windows 10.
Here is detailed guide.
https://techsimplifier.blogspot.in/2017/08/how-to-install-windows-what-is-clean.html?m=1
HP Recommended

Thankyou for your reply. 

Unfortunately startup repair doesn't work, and 'select startup repair' isn't an option on my machine.  None of the blue screen options work at all. 

I don't have access to a machine with Windows 10 on (at least not for a couple of weeks).  

I can't work out how to download the ISO with my old laptop (Windows 7).    I'm just going round in circles with this and can't work it out. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for you post. I tried again, and worked out how to download the ISO and put it on a USB. I've completely reinstalled and everything is working as it should (if not better)

Many thanks!!

HP Recommended
How did you do it , and which advanced option did you pick to install the new windows
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.