Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am having trouble recovering one of my laptops.  One day after turning on the computer,  it was in safe mode.  After trying for weeks to resolve the problem, I just decided to have the computer go back to the factory settings.  Well, the program was almost finished until it got to a part to install the software and it said something to the fact about windows 7 not being able to install. Well,  that was it. I'm thinking it would just go back to the safe mode.  Guess what?  The computer already partitioned and erased everything.  I need a disc to fix it now, and HP needs to send me one.  I cannot get anyone to help me for the past few months.  Where are the e-mails or phone numbers to talk to anyone?   Can someone please help me.  The computer is practically new and I can't believe they don't send recovery disks with computers anymore more when you buy them; at least mine didn't.  Can someone help me????

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @KO1956 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Please, note that your post has been moved here into your own personal thread to receive better visibility and support.

Computers nowadays do not typically come with recovery media because there is a recovery partition built-into your computer's hard disk drive. You have used to restore your Windows. Very rarely these partitions might fail due to either hardware problem or software issues. It would have been the same with the recovery media (CD/DVD). Additionally, users are given the options to build their own recovery drivers via several HP or Microsoft means in the beginning or later.

I and sorry about your bad experience. I will do my best to help you recover the computer. Will eventually provide you with the options available. You need to provide some simple information. Please, be patient.

• You are talking about the machine being practically new but the issue has been here for "few months". How old is the computer exactly ?
  • Did you buy it new or second-hand/refurbished ? From where ?
  • What exactly is the computer model and its product number (p/n). This information is essential in resolving your issue. You can read >here in this article< how to check this information. Let me know it.
  • Are you sure your machine uses Windows 7 and not something newer (like Windows 10) ?

Thank you for your clarifications. Looking forward to your reply.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.