Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP notebook 14-am081tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I uninstalled my Microsoft office by mistake.To get it back, I performed a system restore which helped me get the office back however it didn't work.So I decided to get the laptop back to its factory settings.It was about to complete but then it stopped and a dialogue box appeared stating "Restoration incomplete" with three options i.e. "save log", "details" and "retry". I have retried many a times but to no avail. I even tried to repeat the procedure again from the beginning but to no avail. How can I get it repaired?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Are you restoring from the recovery partition (F11) or from a recovery usb drive you made? I just did a restore from a usb disk made from the HP Recovery Manager on a brand new Omen when I upgraded the M.2 disk. It took about 4 tries. The first 3 died out just as you described and the last effort worked. I kept moving the drive to different usb ports. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Was the laptop running Windows 10 from the factory or did you upgrade it from an earlier Windows? 

HP Recommended
It was running Windows 10 from the factory itself
HP Recommended

Are you restoring from the recovery partition (F11) or from a recovery usb drive you made? I just did a restore from a usb disk made from the HP Recovery Manager on a brand new Omen when I upgraded the M.2 disk. It took about 4 tries. The first 3 died out just as you described and the last effort worked. I kept moving the drive to different usb ports. 

HP Recommended
I tried couple of more times using the f11 key and finally it worked.Thanks a lot for the advice.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.