Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for the tip.

Unfortunately my laptop uses the Intel-Core-i7-8565U processor that is not supported by the utility.

HP Recommended

Smar Turban.

I had the inhouse call warranty thrown i  when i purchased. So a tech came to me with new battery and installed it. Just they did with the heat paste and heat sink a year or so ago.

Getting them to agree the battery had expired early was a battle admittedly.  But after saying MY battery was still good and offering to sell me a new one,  i asked why i would do that if mine was good. Reply was a new would last 3 times as long. Obviously mine then was not "good" and i mentioned consumer law [in Australia]. Tech was here next day with new battery for warranty replacement.

HP Recommended

Ps, Smarturban, i purchased online direct from HP, Australia.

HP Recommended

Maka, I wasnt.

HP Recommended

Smarturban, mine was virtually new as well when problem first noticed.  

HP Recommended

My HP Spectre x360 15-df1740ng / Prod. Nr.: 8NG40EA arrived 2day.

Just 4 Fun i opened the box and turned this thing on.

I updated the BIOS and all HP Stuff/drivers got Windows 1909 and so on.

Then i installed Adobe Cloud and got my Lightroom CC

I editied One RAW Photo for about 3 minutes and the CPU got 90°.(btw this thing costs 1.779,10 €)

I monitored this with HWmonitor & CoreTemp.

Sorry but this can´t be normal !

HP Recommended

I returned the first one that overheated day1 BADLY and they reaplaced it. I took it in whilst overheating and they couldn't deny the problem.

The second one also overheats but not as badly- I followed some advice online here and made some changes that I think have alleviated the problem (sorry but so long ago I cant remember what I did even). Also dont overcharge them- and working on your lap use it as a tablet otherwise you can burn your legs. 

It has something to do with bios updates (I just followed instructions- so anyone can do it). Scroll through my posts and see the replies- try out the suggestions. But if its overheatong in first few days- take it back and demand a replacement as some here say they actually catch fire! That scared me as I used to leave my laptops charging overnight- not anymore.

I actualy like it now but am scared as to how long its going to last, for the price.

Got o get back to work- good luck and enjoy your new laptop! Mine's been running well ever since - fast and nice and lightweight. Replaced an Airmac because Apple wont let me update it- so never buying Apple again.

HP Recommended

I know what a Turban is but what's a Smar?

A name?

That's simply not Smart 

Smart Urban

HP Recommended

Thanks I have updated BIOS and changed startup progs and it is now working fine. I do like HP... thanks

HP Recommended

@VLS12 That's awesome, I'm glad it worked,

Remember, if you ever need help related to your HP device,

We'll be right here and happy to help, take care and have an awesome day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.